ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship. Proof of Residence question.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iamanalien

Citizenship. Proof of Residence question.

Post by iamanalien » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello board mates. :)

I am completing the citizenship application.
Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for
this period i.e. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank
statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.
Some institutions are satisfied with one bill per year. Others want 9 bills for a 12 month period.

What is the story in this case?

Regards... :)

noajthan

Re: Citizenship. Proof of Residence question.

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:57 pm

Institutions?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:27 am

if you have 5 P60`s which shows that you were working here every week during that 5 years that is a good start, in this case if you include 1 bank statement from every year and 1 utility bill/ year on your name normally should be accepted.
Electricity is not even possible to show 9/ year cause it comes every 2 months, so you will have 6 bills/year.
That is why is essential to keep EVERY document and scan it which shows your address.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:43 am

Do they consider the following documents:

- Mobile phone bill

- internet Bill

Please someone clarify this to me

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:25 am

jul1 wrote:if you have 5 P60`s which shows that you were working here every week during that 5 years that is a good start, in this case if you include 1 bank statement from every year and 1 utility bill/ year on your name normally should be accepted.
Electricity is not even possible to show 9/ year cause it comes every 2 months, so you will have 6 bills/year.
That is why is essential to keep EVERY document and scan it which shows your address.
Thank you for your advice.

I'm a long term university student so I don't have any P60s.

SO basically, if I have a document/documents from one organisation stating that I was resident at my address for the past 3 years in addition to one invoice per year for three years from two other organisations/companies then that would be fine?

Would that work?

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:44 am

if you are non-eu ciziten while your are studying it wont count as reckonable residence, but if you are eu citizen than it does.

Normally every letter should be accepted if your name and address is on the paper (not on the envelope). Probably delivery from Amazon is not accepted, but paying for some service in Ireland, they listed the phone bills that should be ok.
If you were just renting a room without contract get a letter from the landlord that you were residing there and the bills were on their name, they can accept that too but that is risky, the landlord might wont give you this statement, and they can check on them why were you not registered and paid taxes after, or maybe they simply wont accept that, depending how "complicated " your case is.
Not having bills on your name in Ireland is a huge pain, the Irish law considers the address legally different than other countries. In some other EU country everyone has a card stating their permanent address and that is it, here you need recent proof of address for everything.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:30 pm

To all
Its like the applicants claimant 9 years of prof.
Each year : 3 proper bills need to be provided .
I think not every one have all these old trash bills in the basket.
They better go with with it.
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:03 pm

if u were living here for 5 continuous years you dont have to prove 9 years...
Ireland gives you the option that you can prove the last 9 years if you were here, 1 year immediately prior to application, and the remaining 4 years from the last 8 years.
but here it is :

Have had a period of 365 days* (1 year) continuous reckonable residence in the State immediately before the date of your application for naturalisation and, during the 8 years preceding that, have had a total reckonable residence in the State amounting to 1,460 days* (4 years). Altogether you must have 5 years (5 x 365 days*) reckonable residence out of the last 9 years - see ‘calculating reckonable residence’ below, and

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ation.html

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:44 pm

jul1

Well if someone is living in the state last 5 years,he or she does not need to prof her residency for last 9 year.
I believe that 9 years is for the person who has been living in the state for last 9 years..

on the other hand residency calculator is different than the prof of residency
hope its make sense

Regards
J.K

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:49 pm

jul1 wrote:if you are non-eu ciziten while your are studying it wont count as reckonable residence, but if you are eu citizen than it does.

Normally every letter should be accepted if your name and address is on the paper (not on the envelope). Probably delivery from Amazon is not accepted, but paying for some service in Ireland, they listed the phone bills that should be ok.
If you were just renting a room without contract get a letter from the landlord that you were residing there and the bills were on their name, they can accept that too but that is risky, the landlord might wont give you this statement, and they can check on them why were you not registered and paid taxes after, or maybe they simply wont accept that, depending how "complicated " your case is.
Not having bills on your name in Ireland is a huge pain, the Irish law considers the address legally different than other countries. In some other EU country everyone has a card stating their permanent address and that is it, here you need recent proof of address for everything.
I'm not sure why you bringing up this point:
if you are non-eu ciziten while your are studying it wont count as reckonable residence, but if you are eu citizen than it does.
They only reason I mentioned my studies was to inform you that I don't have any P60s since I am a student.

My original question was about how many bills do I need to submit. I know that they require three sets. What I needed to know is whether they require 1 per month per set.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:02 pm

To amanalien
Hello there

Its like If you mentioned any address in the form and how long u lived there :An example 2008 January to 2009 December.
so you have to provide 3 bills for each year like 3 bills for 2008 and 3 bills for 2009.
Any month will do not each month.
Hope it make sense.

Regards
J.K

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:39 pm

J_Karim wrote:To amanalien
Hello there

Its like If you mentioned any address in the form and how long u lived there :An example 2008 January to 2009 December.
so you have to provide 3 bills for each year like 3 bills for 2008 and 3 bills for 2009.
Any month will do not each month.
Hope it make sense.
Thanks buddy.

That makes perfect sense. What I needed to know all along.

I just have one address and have a tenancy agreement, university correspondences, eir, bank, ect.
So will just print 4 per year for each of the three sets.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:04 am

glad you got it right..

Regards
J.K