ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

green599

Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 4

Post by green599 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:19 am

Guys,

I have a quick question,

Currently I am at Tier 2 General Visa which is going to expire in First week of December 2016.

I have been offered a MSc course in a reputed University, the starting date of the course is 23rd January 2017.

I am planning to apply for the Visa in Mid-November sometime.

Do I have to go back to my country (PK) and apply Visa from there? or can I get extension without leaving the country?

Does anyone knows how it’s going to work?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Casa

Re: Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 4

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:28 am

green599 wrote:Guys,

I have a quick question,

Currently I am at Tier 2 General Visa which is going to expire in First week of December 2016.

I have been offered a MSc course in a reputed University, the starting date of the course is 23rd January 2017.

I am planning to apply for the Visa in Mid-November sometime.

Do I have to go back to my country (PK) and apply Visa from there? or can I get extension without leaving the country?

Does anyone knows how it’s going to work?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Please continue in your other thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1385092
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.