ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrinder Singh route

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Debsy72
Newly Registered

Surrinder Singh route

Post by Debsy72 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this site and can't find a thread to post to.
Please could someone help me to answer my questions.
I'm a UK citizen, currently living in Turkey. Soon I am planning to get married (my partner is Turkish). We plan to return to the UK eventually to live and want to use the Surrinder Sing route. I have a few questions and would really welcome the advice from others who have done this :)
Our first choice of country to settle at first is Southern Ireland.. Mainly because of the language, and I feel that I will be able to work here easily perhaps, (I'm a nurse). Could someone tell me if this is a good choice.. I'm aware that the cost of living is expensive etc but I just want to choose a place that is easy to live in/adapt to. If not Ireland, where else would be a good choice? I've looked at Holland too, and what about Switzerland? Can I exercise my treaty rights here just in the same way? Do these EU rights remain the same within all countries? Is it easier in some than others? Is there anywhere that I should avoid? I'm just looking at doing this in the best possible and easiest way.
We will be driving from Turkey with our dogs so I have to consider where is best for them too.
Thank you very much
Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

noajthan

Re: Surrinder Singh route

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Debsy72 wrote:Hello everyone!
I'm new to this site and can't find a thread to post to.
Please could someone help me to answer my questions.
I'm a UK citizen, currently living in Turkey. Soon I am planning to get married (my partner is Turkish). We plan to return to the UK eventually to live and want to use the Surrinder Sing route. I have a few questions and would really welcome the advice from others who have done this :)
Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)
Welcome.

Get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Switzerland is planning a 'swexit' so probably not a good choice.

Current massive delays in procuring entry visas and processing EU-related document in Eire.

You could look at rest of Europe (EU), eg Malta is Anglophile and English-speaking.

Country guide here:
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/ ... guide.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Debsy72
Newly Registered

Post by Debsy72 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks so very much for your speedy reply

Debsy72
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route as an unmarried couple

Post by Debsy72 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:50 am

Hello again,
I'm looking at taking the Surinder Singh route later this year. I'm British, my partner is Turkish. We want to settle in Ireland and work..
Can we go as an unmarried couple? We plan to marry as soon as possible (I was married in the UK and still waiting on my divorce to be finalised).. My current partner and myself have been living together for two and a half years, which we can prove with rental agreements etc. I know that it would be easier if we were married already but we just want to go as soon as possible.
When my partner applies for his visa to enter Ireland, does he need to state that his intention is to marry once we are in Ireland? He's tried phoning the embassy but they aren't too familiar with this situation.

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:18 pm

There seem to be special provisions for Union citizens marrying non-EEA in Eire, check INIS website.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.