ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One year continuous Residence before naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

freakish187
Newly Registered

One year continuous Residence before naturalization

Post by freakish187 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:30 am

Hi,

I applied for renewal of my stamp4eufam last year and was approved in december 2015, but I wasn't able to register with the GNIB office until 10th of Feberuary 2016. I've the letter from the EU Treaty Rights office stating that my application was approved but I don't have the stamp on my passport for nearly 2 months.

My question is if I can apply for the naturalisation if I don't have the GNIB stamp for 2 months by submitting the letter from EU Treaty Rights office along with my application to prove that I was legally resident in the state for those 2 months?

I would also like to know if as a non-EU applicant do I need to submit 3 proof of addresses for last 5 years? My understanding is that rule only applies to EU applicants applying for Irish citizenship.

Thanks

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: One year continuous Residence before naturalization

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 am

Hey
If you were late for two month to get the stamp in your passport, its not a big issue you are covered by letter.
you can apply by the androssment of ur passport or by the justice letter of you received.
to understand more if u provide when u got ur first letter and second letter i can advise more.

how ever new eu8 version asked to give last 9 years prof of address like...
Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date
of issue, e.g. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank
statements, revenue letters, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.
hope it helps
JK
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

freakish187
Newly Registered

Post by freakish187 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to post the application and documents in a couple of days. Just have to look for older proof of addresses, I got all proof of addresses for last 3-4 years but not much for the years before, only bank statements.Hopefully I'll find something.

kind regards

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 pm

good luck keep us posted here

Regards
J.K

freakish187
Newly Registered

Post by freakish187 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:43 am

Hi,

About the proof of residence for the years residence is claimed. Does that mean if I lived in Ireland for 10 years but submitting my application based on last 5 years, I only need to give 3 proof of addresses for each year for the last 5 years only and not the years before that?? I am aware I have to list all my addresses for the last 9 years in Ireland just not sure about the years that I've to submit proofs for.

Asking cause I've everything else ready to go just no proof of address for my 2007-2008 except p60's.

Also it states on the form to submit p60's for each year of residence claimed, Is it same as for just last 5 years??

Kind Regards

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:55 pm

by freakish187
They asked for claimant year so it should be last 9 years of residence..
If you cant provide all just give a cover letter that why u cant
hope it helps

Regards
J.K

freakish187
Newly Registered

Post by freakish187 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Thanks, I'll attach a cover letter.

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 pm

hello all,

I need your advice. I have moved to UK in Feb 2011 having employment contract. I am from EEA countries.My employer did not advice me about WRS and I haven't registered as had no idea about it. As a result I was working 3 months without registration.
I successfully received my PR based on 5 years this August and planning to apply for Citizenship through naturalization.
I am completing my 6 years in February 2017. Now the questions is :
Would I be able to apply from February 2017 or it is better to wait until 1st May 2017 ( as WRS stopped working 31st April 2011 if I am not wrong)?
Also do I have to make application exactly on the day or can send it earlier?

Let me know your thoughts please.

kind regards,