ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application in India, overstayed on visa.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Simpson246
Newly Registered

OCI application in India, overstayed on visa.

Post by Simpson246 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:56 am

Hello Members,
Am in a peculiar situation and seeking some advice.

We are a family of 5 with the latest addition only 7 months. All are having british passports with OCI except the youngest one.
We travelled to India on our OCI and got an ETV for the youngest child due to time limitations.

We were scheduled to come back in 4 weeks, but plans changed due to poor health of elderly parents and my wife and kids had to stay back and I travelled back to UK to join work.
I intend to apply for OCI for the child in India. please advise how to go about it as he has overstayed his e-tourist visa.
Your responses and advice is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Simpson.

Simpson246
Newly Registered

Re: OCI application in India, overstayed on visa.

Post by Simpson246 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

One hundred and forty views. Surely someone can advise as to how to go about applying in india for OCI for my son.

Thanks.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 pm

This sub-forum is not so active..

Question-
Does your wife along with kids wish to travel in a month
Or after 3 months ??

Look, OCI I am I am told by FRRO officer that it will take
Anywhere upto 3 months

With the expired visa your family might have trouble..
So how about applying for extending the entry visa or whatever that visa was for the young child ??

If you need to know how to extend the present visa I
can help with the information
And it will arrive in a month (only guessing) , it took only a month for me .. it can be done locally, you don't have to travel to the capital of the state ..

Let me know if you want to know more info in this regard

I am in IST time zone .. if I find a reply from you now I can reply back ..else I will reply tmrw

rmukherjee

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:12 am

Simpson246 wrote:I intend to apply for OCI for the child in India. please advise how to go about it as he has overstayed his e-tourist visa.
The process for getting OCI done is to go to the FRO in India, documented here. However as most people on this board, including myself, live outside India, I don't know if anyone will be familiar with the process. If I had to guess I'd guess it'll be more cumbersome apply for OCI inside India.

What about applying outside India? At worst they may fine your son for overstaying on his visa. It's not a huge amount.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi Simpson to extend the Visa following is the procedure...

-

Firstly I would like know to if you have registered your baby at the nearest FRRO office .. you have to do it with in 14 days. this is the rule I faced on my Entry Visa... Open the Entry visa of India you got on your British passport of your baby ..the rule will be mentioned with small letters on the Visa..

I never realized I have to register myself.. I got my registration only after many months..

Bookmark this link.. this will be useful..

https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/menufrro ... g=118CZ91C

1)select present nationality , state and district and then Check the registration and submit.

2) Then open the link freshly and check the Visa extension and fill the application..
It takes some good time of your to fill this as there is a lot to be filled .. try to save it every time and exit..

3) You have to fill Form C which is available in the the list of options.. First you have to register yourself and then you have to go to the FRRO office in your town or city .. take the print out ..they will approve the login details...only then you will be able to login.. Then you have to fill the Form C
https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/FormC

4) Take a Indian passport size photograph.. which is 3.5 mm * 4.5 mm. Scan this.. you have to upload this photograph with same sizes in the above applications...

5) For Visa extension of your baby you will have to upload many other documents like..

Last edited by IndiMarshall on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Access that image over here.. http://i67.tinypic.com/29cat07.png

I wish all FRRO office gives information like this .. all they have to do is to write a single page manual and give to whoever asks the procedure for Visa extension... I nearly had to go almost for 1 week to do this process when I did it in 2015... it was tedious and exhausting to the core....