ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO ILR approval date V/S Date on BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

PEO ILR approval date V/S Date on BRP

Post by plabo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi

I am sure this question will easily be answered by people who have had successful PEO ILR issued.

Can someone please tell that when they received their BRP, is the date on the BRP (issued) the same date when they were granted ILR at the Premium office?

My reason of asking this question is that I intend to immediately send my children's MN1 form and NOT wait for the BRP to arrive after getting ILR (I will be going Premium)

Thanks

longhorn

Re: PEO ILR approval date V/S Date on BRP

Post by longhorn » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:27 pm

For all my previous application at PEO including ILR, my date of issue on BRP was always the date of my PEO appointment. However, its worth noting that all my applications were always approved on the same day.

If your ILR doesn't get approved on the same day, e.g. held for further checks et cetera, I believe you BRP will have the date whenever your application for ILR gets approved.

I hope this helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Suggest wait for the BRP as you are required to send this with MN1 applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:41 pm

BRP date is same date the ILR was approved (assmuming ILR was approved same day at PEO)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:54 pm

WR1 wrote:BRP date is same date the ILR was approved (assmuming ILR was approved same day at PEO)
usually its same date if approved on same day service but not always. Approval date is the decision making date but BRP date is just the specific BRP card issue date not necessarily the approval date. My recent BRP card issue date is the next day of the approval (same day approved).

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Does the parent have to send his BRP along with the child's MN1 application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:40 pm

plabo wrote:Does the parent have to send his BRP along with the child's MN1 application?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 am

Hi

Can someone please point out where exactly is it mentioned that the PARENT needs to send his BRP along with the MN1 application for his child? As far as I can understand, the child (if has been issued a BRP), that needs to be attached.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:50 am

plabo wrote:....

My reason of asking this question is that I intend to immediately send my children's MN1 form and NOT wait for the BRP to arrive after getting ILR (I will be going Premium)

Thanks
I did the same (i.e. applied for MN1 using NCS) before I received the ILR BRP and only with the approval letter provided by the caseworker.

The lady at the NCS called home office in front of me and they confirmed it is ok to just send the copy of the letter as it contains a reference number.

That is my personal experience about 1.5 years ago. I am not sure if rules been changed since then or not...
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.