ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mii
Newly Registered

Public funds

Post by Mii » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi,

I have applied for ILR (postal application) and am waiting for for the outcome. I have a three year old child who attends private nursery. The nursery sent a form for us to fill for nursery funding for 3 years in Scotland. Please if we accept the funding will it classed as public funds or benefits. I work and my wife who is my dependant works as well. We have been paying the nursery fees in full and am more than happy to carry on paying. I have told the nursery that it will be classed as benefits but was told that its not.
Please correct me if am wrong.
Any answers wi be great.

Casa

Re: Public funds

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:30 pm

The nursery are correct. This isn't a Public fund.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mii
Newly Registered

Post by Mii » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:30 am

Thank you Casa. I wasn't sure and didnt want to break any rules.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:07 am

You should also be aware that once you have ILR you can claim child benefit as long as it's in your name only & child tax credit and working tax credit in joint names. If you claim in this way, it won't affect your wife's visa applications in the future.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mii
Newly Registered

Post by Mii » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:00 am

Thank you Casa. Very much appreciated.