ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Eu Family Member Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

compi
Newly Registered

Non-Eu Family Member Visa

Post by compi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi All,

My wife is EU national, and living with me in Pakistan. We want to visit Sweden, she will be traveling with me.

I want to get visa on EU Family directive 2004/38/EC, but my confusion is that since she is not working in Sweden, and will be traveling with me just for a visit, does this directive still applies on my application?

Should I mention ''right of free movement'' on cover letter?

Casa

Re: Non-Eu Family Member Visa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:19 pm

You will have to apply for a Swedish Schengen visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Casa wrote:You will have to apply for a Swedish Schengen visa
Hi, You mean a normal tourist visa? not using EU family member clause on Schengen visa form?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:27 pm

You should apply for normal tourist visa. To get visa on base of directive is very hard from Pakistan. Success ratio is 0%.

What is your wife nationality?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 pm

compi wrote:
Hi, You mean a normal tourist visa? not using EU family member clause on Schengen visa form?
http://www.vfsglobal.se/pakistan/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:01 pm

waqasars wrote:You should apply for normal tourist visa. To get visa on base of directive is very hard from Pakistan. Success ratio is 0%.

What is your wife nationality?

I saw on this forum that people got their visa? She is Cyprus national, we are married for last 6 years, and have 2 kids also, who are also Pakistan national. They will be travelling with us.

On cover letter I did not mention that I am using directive of free movement, we are planning to go for a family visit only. We only want to go for a 15 day visit to meet my wife's family, and planning to come back because of my job here in Pakistan.

On visa form, I have ticked Family & Friends visit. and did not fill up my financials etc, as my wife travelling with me is EU national, exactly as the application form says.

what are your thoughts?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Casa wrote:
compi wrote:
http://www.vfsglobal.se/pakistan/
(Casa, not CR001)

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Dear Casa,

Yes I visited this site when I was thinking to get information from Embassy, This site for Sweden does not mention any EEA/EU Family member visa requirements, then I email embassy, they have sent me the following reply.

xxxxxxxxxx

The following are the requirements for family members of EU nationals.

• Schengen Visa application form
• Family details form
• Original passport + copy of passport and ID
• Marriage Certificate (for spouse)/Birth Certificate (for children)
• flight booking
• EU nationals ID or passport copy

There is no visa fee and travel insurance for EU family members. Due to security reasons the Embassy is no longer taking visa applicants. All applicants have to submit their visa applications at Gerry’s/FedEx office in either Islamabad, Lahore or Karachi whichever is convenient for the applicant.

Please find attached the required forms.

Best regards,

-------------------

Then I asked for hotel booking, and answer was not needed.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:34 pm

There you go then...a Schengen visa. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi Again,

I applied for tourist visa in Swedish embassy on 25th July, with a letter from my wife that she will be travelling with us.

We applied it at VFS Global Pakistan, who told us that we will have reply in 2 weeks, after 2 weeks I called Embassy and they said that it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks on this kind of visa.

It is now more than 5 weeks, and still there is no update.

Anybody else has any experience with Swedish embassy in Pakistan? any thoughts that why it is taking this long?

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:33 pm

Give them a email and refer to visa handbook C(2014) 2727 consolidated part III SPECIFIC RULES RELATING TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU CITIZENS OR SWISS CITIZENS

3.4. Processing time
Processing times for a visa application lodged by a third-country national who is a family
member of an EU citizen covered by the Directive going beyond 15 days should be
exceptional and duly justified.

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:52 pm

mgb wrote:Give them a email and refer to visa handbook C(2014) 2727 consolidated part III SPECIFIC RULES RELATING TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU CITIZENS OR SWISS CITIZENS

3.4. Processing time
Processing times for a visa application lodged by a third-country national who is a family

Thank you for your advise, I have sent it to embassy, lets wait for their response now.

compi
Newly Registered

Post by compi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:47 am

mgb wrote:Give them a email and refer to visa handbook C(2014) 2727 consolidated part III SPECIFIC RULES RELATING TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU CITIZENS OR SWISS CITIZENS

3.4. Processing time

Thank you for your help dear, Embassy finally sent us our Visas today without any further delay.