ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vasanthvignesh
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Post by vasanthvignesh » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:59 am

bij
Newly Registered

Post by bij » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 pm

I have applied for my babies passport on 8th March in London VFS. I heard from VFS that currently there is a delay in all passport applications. Has anyone submitted for passport recently and received please clarify?
Thanks,
Bijo

asd2016
Newly Registered

Post by asd2016 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi

I want to share my recent experience of applying Indian passport for my daughter born in UK.
There has been lot of good advice provided in this forum about the birth registration so I will skip that part.

So, steps to apply for Indian passport, once you have the birth certificate issued by Indian High commission.

1. Apply form online - http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/index.jsp
NOTE - once you have filled all the information online, it will generate a pdf file. You will realize that there will be lot more to fill in that pdf form manually. So don't presume that pdf file has all in it.
On part of taking thumb impression, it could be tricky, depending upon the age of the baby. Mine was 24 days old when i took her thumb impressions. You can't see anything and the person accepting the form will not even ask about the quality, so don't take too much tension about this. Just take the best you can.

2. Don't forget to fill and sign Annexure H. VFS person will ask for it. You can download it here - http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/NEW_I ... sport.html

3. Depending upon if mother is going to be with father while applying or not? You may need the affidavit from mother in which she can give her permission for the father to apply alone. I went with my wife and baby to be on safe side ( which was worth).

3. Baby photo - size should be 2"x2" . Off-white or white background will do. Main thing to keep in mind is have your baby's eye open. They will not accept if the photograph if baby's eyes are closed. I had to redone my pics. There is a studio on ground floor of VFS, Hounslow, London. Lady charge 10 GBP for 4 pics.

4. I used VFS Hounslow. the staff was very cooperative. When you enter the building, there is a car park at the back for visitors.

5. The guy at entrance will check your application and photograph and will give you a token. My appointment was at 10:35, and my number was called by 10:40. The girl at counter checked all the documents and only kept my daughter's birth certificates with her. NOTE - SHE didn't ask for either mine or my wife's passport. I took the courier service as I don't trust royal mail for this service. The total bill was for 94 GBP. (36 for passport, 20 for some affidavit ( i didn't bother to ask), 20 for courier and some other misc charges ). You can take your prepaid envelope if you want.

6. THe processing time she mentioned was 2-4 weeks.

I will re-post when I will receive my daughter's passport. I hope this help some of you.

asd2016
Newly Registered

Post by asd2016 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:50 am

I received my daughter's passport on 14th April. I applied on 1st April.

amrit297
Newly Registered

Post by amrit297 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 pm

I applied on 6th may and original was returned in 3 days , but on tracing the status online it only displays - application under process - from last 9 working days - does the status changes to something else like - Printing done or being dispatched ? I am worried because I have to travel ASAP and the passport is still in process.

Nainika7
Newly Registered

Post by Nainika7 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 am

Hi all

I have applied for new Indian passport for my baby on 20th may but still not received it. Applied in Bristol vfs the lady said the time frame as 2 weeks. Also I have booked flights to India next week and am worried! Please share your experiences and is there anything could I do to travel without baby passport please.

Thanks

Nainika7
Newly Registered

Post by Nainika7 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:18 am

amrit297 wrote:I applied on 6th may and original was returned in 3 days , but on tracing the status online it only displays - application under process - from last 9 working days - does the status changes to something else like - Printing done or being dispatched ? I am worried because I have to travel ASAP and the passport is still in process.

Hi Amrit

Hope you got the passport and travelled without any issues! When did you get it finally. Please share your experience thanks in advance

TIER2ICT2011MARCH28
Newly Registered

Post by TIER2ICT2011MARCH28 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 pm

How can I track the status of passport please?

Lakhith
Newly Registered

Post by Lakhith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi,

I wanted to apply Indian citizenship and the passport for my new born baby. I am having few queries in the online application, could some one please help

1) First I need to apply for the Indian citizen ship and after getting the citizenship do I need to apply for the passport.
2) During this process do I need to take my baby to Indian high commission office ?
3) While filling the online application for the citizen ship, they are asking for the identification marks, can I NA if I dont find any birth marks on my baby ?
4) They are asking to upload the parent signature, both (me and my wife) need to sign in a paper and take photo and upload or only my signature will suffice ?
5) If I submit the citizenship application today, on the next day can I go to high commission office and submit the documents ? or do I need to take any appointment ?
6) Will the high commission will inform me once my baby got the citizenship ?
7) When can I apply for the passport ? Again do I need to take my baby to high commission office?
8) My wife doesn't have my name as a spouse in her passport, its still her dad's name, will this cause any issue, however we have the Indian marriage certificate.

It would be great if someone could answer to my queries :)

Regards,
Lakhith

NS16
Newly Registered

Post by NS16 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:15 pm

I am applying for Indian passport of a month old baby born in UK. I have completed online passport application form
got MHA number and printed the same. To apply for child passport I am planning to visit VFS centre with my wife
i.e. I am not planing to take my child to VFS centre.

I am submitting following documents:
1. Application form with Babys photo (4 photos- 2inch X 2inch).
2. Declaration
3. Parents passport & visa original and photocopy
4. Baby birth certificate from Council and HCI.
5. Parents marriage certificate
6. Annexure-H

Need help with some of my queries below.

1.1 Baby thumb impression is required at two places, i> on page one besides child photograph and
ii> On Point 26 i.e. Declaration. Other than this do I need to take thumb impression of my child at any
other location on the application form.

1.2 On point 29 i.e. Specimen signature of T.I. do I need to take Thumbimpression of my child or do me and my wife sign
in the space provided.

2. As passport is for minor me and my wife will write our names and sign point 28 i.e. Declaration of parents.

3. Any document other than the one mentioned above.

4. Any specific precaution/proactive measure that I need to take as I am not going to take my baby to VFS center.

-NS

Lalitadrolia
Newly Registered

Post by Lalitadrolia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi

Can you help me with where we need to take baby's thumb impression and where parents need to sign on the passport form please?

Thanks