ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence required when meeting adequate maintenance(benefits

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shinar
Newly Registered

Evidence required when meeting adequate maintenance(benefits

Post by Shinar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:21 pm

I would be sincerely grateful if someone may assist me with a couple of queries regarding a Family of a settled person/spouse visa application (UK.)

I (sponsor; British Citizen) am just going through all supporting evidence for the application that will be submitted shortly.

Financial requirement exemption applies in this instance as I am in receipt of carer's allowance and have been since August 2015.

The adequate maintenance requirement is met as follows: Employment and support allowance (support group category) : £125.05 per week
Carer's premium: £34.60 per week
Deductions: £62.10 deducted per week due to receiving Carer's allowance.
Income from Employment and Support allowance: £97.55 per week.

Carer's allowance: £62.10 per week

Housing benefit: £108.99 per week
Council tax support: £18.16

Total Weekly Income: £286.80

Housing Costs:

Rent: £108.99 per week
Council tax: £18.16 per week

Total Housing Costs: £127.15

Available funds per week after housing costs are deducted: £159.65.

Current rate of income support for a couple aged over 18 years old for the year 2016/2017: £114.65 per week. I have read through relevant guidance (Appendix FM Section 1.7A) but in all honesty am finding it rather difficult to determine whether submitting several bank statements is required when relying on solely benefits to satisfy the adequate maintenance requirements, as is the case when evidencing income from employment?

I understand that the original award letter accompanied by one bank statement dated within last 12 months will suffice is proving that I'm in receipt of carer's allowance and thereby exempt from financial requirement but with regards to the remaining income to be used to satisfy adequate maintenance requirement, which in this instance is solely Employment and support allowance, would I need to submit several months worth of bank statements to show receipt of ESA or would award letter and one statement be sufficient?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

ConfusedPandaDotCom
Newly Registered

Re: Evidence required when meeting adequate maintenance(bene

Post by ConfusedPandaDotCom » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Shinar wrote:I would be sincerely grateful if someone may assist me with a couple of queries regarding a Family of a settled person/spouse visa application (UK.)

I (sponsor; British Citizen) am just going through all supporting evidence for the application that will be submitted shortly.

Financial requirement exemption applies in this instance as I am in receipt of carer's allowance and have been since August 2015.

The adequate maintenance requirement is met as follows: Employment and support allowance (support group category) : £125.05 per week
Carer's premium: £34.60 per week
Deductions: £62.10 deducted per week due to receiving Carer's allowance.
Income from Employment and Support allowance: £97.55 per week.

Carer's allowance: £62.10 per week

Housing benefit: £108.99 per week
Council tax support: £18.16

Total Weekly Income: £286.80

Housing Costs:

Rent: £108.99 per week
Council tax: £18.16 per week

Total Housing Costs: £127.15

Available funds per week after housing costs are deducted: £159.65.

Current rate of income support for a couple aged over 18 years old for the year 2016/2017: £114.65 per week. I have read through relevant guidance (Appendix FM Section 1.7A) but in all honesty am finding it rather difficult to determine whether submitting several bank statements is required when relying on solely benefits to satisfy the adequate maintenance requirements, as is the case when evidencing income from employment?

I understand that the original award letter accompanied by one bank statement dated within last 12 months will suffice is proving that I'm in receipt of carer's allowance and thereby exempt from financial requirement but with regards to the remaining income to be used to satisfy adequate maintenance requirement, which in this instance is solely Employment and support allowance, would I need to submit several months worth of bank statements to show receipt of ESA or would award letter and one statement be sufficient?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Hi there, any updates on your application? Currently we're in a similar situation to yourself. Thanks in advance