ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Citizen already married to UK citizen.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobby49b
Newly Registered

US Citizen already married to UK citizen.

Post by bobby49b » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 am

I am a UK citizen currently living in the USA with my spouse who is a US citizen. She would like to go back to the UK to get her masters. We currently have the funds for her to get a Student Visa. Would she be denied entrance as the UKBA might think she would want to stay after her student visa expires?

Casa

Re: US Citizen already married to UK citizen.

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:39 am

The UKBA not longer exists and was disbanded in March 2013 due to being unfit for purpose . It's now the UKVI.

There's no reason why your wife should be refused a visa if she meets all the requirements for a Tier 4 Student visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: US Citizen already married to UK citizen.

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Casa wrote:There's no reason why your wife should be refused a visa if she meets all the requirements for a Tier 4 Student visa.
I think she will be questioned on her credibility, but if it is clear and perhaps evidenced that she (and OP) are going back to the US after the course, that should take care of any concerns.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.