ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having Tier-4 and ECAA(Business Person ECAA/Turkey)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

taasdegis
Newly Registered

Having Tier-4 and ECAA(Business Person ECAA/Turkey)

Post by taasdegis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:12 am

I am currently in the UK and 2nd year PhD student. While I have a TIER 4 visa valid until the end of 2018, I applied to a visa called Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey visa to start a business. I applied by consulting with university welfare office in which I have been told this ECAA visa type allow to study and business at the same time.

I completed all my documents and applied ECAA visa by getting permission from both welfare office and my supervisor. When I received my new 12 months ECAA visa (valid until march 2017- this visa given first for 12 months than for 3 years), my tier-4 visa (the one valid until 2018) was still on my passport.

I was expecting to be taken of my visa, and consulted to welfare office. They told me 3 months ago that either both of them valid, or you should get a letter in a few days which says Tier-4 is not valid anymore. However, they also said education visa can/may be still valid as it is longer one from both, and they are separate vises. Additionally, they also told me that if you apply a 3 year extension for ECAA and rejected, you should stop all your business and no make any money transfer anymore with Tier-4 as it is a visa type does not allow to run a business.

Could you help me to understand whether both is valid, or not? because welfare office told me I am the only student in this university history who applied ECAA while still in PhD and given a visa.

taasdegis
Newly Registered

Re: Having Tier-4 and ECAA(Business Person ECAA/Turkey)

Post by taasdegis » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Please answer my question if you know something about it.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:03 am

Simple answer - your last grant of leave superceds all other grants of leave and cancels the previous visa.

So in your case with a successful ECAA visa that now sets the conditions of stay and resets your expiry date to the new visa date.

PhDstudentintheUK
Newly Registered

Post by PhDstudentintheUK » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Hello taasdegis,
Have you been able to learn more about your case? Do you know which visa is valid now? And I understand that you have your ECAA visa now, but you continue studying at the same time? How did you explain that in your application? Wasn't that a concern while you were making your application? I mean studying full time and setting up a business might lead the caseworker reject it, but that is great that you have your ECAA visa now :)

Are you a self-funded student or are you on a scholarhip?
Thanks in advance...