ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent Visa holder- Employment status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neel1331
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent Visa holder- Employment status

Post by neel1331 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:07 pm

I got to know the same from my employer's visa consultant that no resignation letter or leave grant letter is required for Tier 2 General dependent Visa applicant (other key documents I have). I will go ahead with dependent visa application for him.
Hi, I am in an exact situation. Was looking in internet forums, and landed here. Can you please let me know how did it pan out? Was your husband allowed to apply for jobs without resigning from his Indian job? Also, was he able to fly between UK and India easily? Without any concerns raised by the immigration officer?

Thanks in advance.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent Visa holder- Employment status

Post by paradoxical » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:30 pm

There is no restriction for Tier 2 dependant partner to stay in the UK, or to carry on with a job in another country..
It is still much better to have a tier 2 dependant partner visa (as opposed to a visitor visa) even if for the time being, the dependant is undertaking a job in a different country and is only visiting partner every few months.. The reason is:
(i): no worries with regards to staying back in UK with your partner if for some reason the plans change
(ii): can easily look for jobs or even take one, without any issue
(iii): no problem with regards to accessing NHS (including GP consultations)
On the other hand, if a partner visits using a visitor visa, the NHS services are not free and there is generally a significant charge for everything

neel1331
Newly Registered

Post by neel1331 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:47 pm

paradoxical wrote:There is no restriction for Tier 2 dependant partner to stay in the UK, or to carry on with a job in another country..
It is still much better to have a tier 2 dependant partner visa (as opposed to a visitor visa) even if for the time being, the dependant is undertaking a job in a different country and is only visiting partner every few months.. The reason is:
(i): no worries with regards to staying back in UK with your partner if for some reason the plans change
(ii): can easily look for jobs or even take one, without any issue
(iii): no problem with regards to accessing NHS (including GP consultations)
On the other hand, if a partner visits using a visitor visa, the NHS services are not free and there is generally a significant charge for everything
Hey, thanks a lot for your reply! My employer has categorically told me that they will support a dependent visa only if my spouse is going to reside with me in UK. If he is visiting every 2-3 months, then he should procure a visitor's visa on his own (company won't provide). That's why I am a little nervous about this- just want to ensure that I am not doing anything illegal.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Your company doesn't need to know your long term family goals..You can get a dependant visa and then later proceed with whatever is in the best interest of your family. Your company should ideally have no concern whether you live with your partner, or whether your partner has gone abroad etc. for some projects/a job/vacation etc.