ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit India with Pakistani passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pakohind
Newly Registered

Visit India with Pakistani passport

Post by Pakohind » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm originally Pakistani and have ILR status here. I want to visit in India and I found my life partner in India and want to marry with her so what I need to apply visa for India as I checked some web they have many issue.

International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.

Total confuse.....

Please give me full detail for required document and procedure.

Thanks,

secret.simon

Re: Visit India with Pakistani passport

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:46 am

I'd say your best bet is to meet her in a neutral (relatively speaking) country closeby like Dubai.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rmukherjee

Post by rmukherjee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Pakohind wrote:Please give me full detail for required document and procedure.
Meeting in Dubai may be convenient if you want meet her family etc you need a tourist visa for India (I believe). The procedures are bit bureaucratic but lots of people have managed to get visas pretty quickly. Procedures are documented here. Fill in the forms. Note especially the additional requirements from citizens of China, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc. Note that India uses a different standard of passport photos than UK - most photo booths can do them as they're similar to the US standard.

Find the VFS Office nearest to you and apply there in person. You may need to make a reservation.

Note - it's probably best to bring more documents than strictly required to VFS. They have this charming habit of rejecting applications if enough documents are not present. Look at the "documents required" tab in the Tourist Visa link above.

Sometimes the language in these forms isn't clear, if so please ask on this forum for advice. Good luck!

Pakohind
Newly Registered

Post by Pakohind » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks everyone for reply I will check links