ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh 200K visa application after 50K expiration?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wazobia

Fresh 200K visa application after 50K expiration?

Post by wazobia » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Hello.

I am currently on a tier 1 (entrepreneur) 50K visa, obtained via the PSW route. It expires in November.

When I obtained the visa, my industry sector was booming and obtaining contracts for the work I do was not a problem. However, over the past 2 years the industry (engineering, oil and gas) nosedived and it's been a struggle to obtain work for my company, which resulted in my company not being able to fully satisfy the minimum 12-month employment (each) for 2 settled residents. Hence I will not qualify for an extension under my current visa

However over the past few months, with the help of family and some investments made back in my home country, I have been able to raise 200K. I would like to use this to go into a different business, and my question is...is this possible? I mean, is it feasible to go back to my home country and apply for the 200K visa, or is it impossible to obtain another tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa after one expires, even though they are in different categories, i.e 50K and 200K?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Fresh 200K visa application after 50K expiration?

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 pm

You are entitled to make further investment with the funds you have available.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Obie wrote:You are entitled to make further investment with the funds you have available.
Thanks for your response, Obie.

I appreciate I can make further investments into my current business, however, with the time I have left on my current visa I would be unable to satisfy the job creation stipulation (24 months minimum for 2 or more people) for an extension.

My question is: can I make a fresh out-of-country application (200K) to obtain another tier 1 visa?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:06 am

Technically you can but I doubt it will be successful
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:31 am

I completely missed this post even though i was notified of it.

OP you are not entitled to make a fresh application under the 200k Route. I understand this may not be the news you want to hear.

You will not be assessed under Table 4 of Appendix A, unless 12 months has elapsed since you last had Entry clearance or Leave to remain as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant.

Any new application you make will not be assessed under Table 4, but will be assessed under Table 5, and you will fall to be refused for not meeting the Job creation requirement.

I always advise Tier 1 Entrepreneur to prepare at least a year in advance.

You will have to wait for at least 1 year before you will be entitled to be assessed under Table 4.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:37 am

wazobia wrote: I would be unable to satisfy the job creation stipulation (24 months minimum for 2 or more people) for an extension.

My question is: can I make a fresh out-of-country application (200K) to obtain another tier 1 visa?
You are wrong, you need only 12 month of Job creation for 2 people not 2 years for each.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:16 am

Obie wrote:
wazobia wrote: I would be unable to satisfy the job creation stipulation (24 months minimum for 2 or more people) for an extension.

You are wrong, you need only 12 month of Job creation for 2 people not 2 years for each.
Apologies, I perhaps didn't word that statement properly. What I meant to say was a combined 24 months minimum of job creation for two or more people.

Thanks for the response, and the explanation in the previous post.