ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fps or payroll summary

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sucava
Newly Registered

fps or payroll summary

Post by sucava » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:14 pm

hello everyone
I am a bit confused about this and I was wondering if you could help me in this.
I have been getting a paper from my accountant every month called payroll summary. it has all my employees details ,pay,ni etc.I asked him about fps he goes to me this is fps it's just because software he is using it produces this type of Fps.
then I called hmrc and requested them to send me my RTI FPS for last year and they took 4 weeks and finally send me FPS for whole year which contains my employers names Ni number and full amount I paid them in year 2014-15. and it's just 1 page.
my question is will it be ok to send monthly payroll summaries or does it need to be exactly like as moneysoft payroll manager produce with title RTI Full Payment Submission?

zimba
Mood:

Re: fps or payroll summary

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Payroll summary is not the same as FPS reports even though they have pretty much the same information. You need to submit FPS reports as they are they only reports that are acceptable from HO point of view.

FPS Sample: http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/guide ... 55x604.png

Read more on how to prepare them manually: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 09974.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sucava
Newly Registered

Post by sucava » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:32 pm

thanks Zimba but do I need to resubmit to hmrc through this software again or I can just make it with same details and print it out and send it to ukvi?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Why don't you read the thread I posted ??? Use that software to help you with the formatting the reports. No need to submit the same data :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sucava
Newly Registered

Post by sucava » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:25 pm

ok thanks zimba

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Employee payment record can be used in place of Real-Time Full payment Submission.

It is not compulsory to provide FPS all the time. There are other alternatives to it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

zshaan21
Pakistan

Post by zshaan21 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:20 am

Dear all,

At the moment 3 emoloyees are working for my comoany, also I withdraw salary as a director from my company. I asked my accountant to send me FPS RTI submissiom, he said he can provide me each month consolidated FPS report of all employees.

As, he can't provide the indivdual employee wise. Do you think it should be fine ?

Pls advise ....

Kind Regards,
Syed

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:09 am

Obie wrote:Employee payment record can be used in place of Real-Time Full payment Submission.

It is not compulsory to provide FPS all the time. There are other alternatives to it.
This has been discussed before and several refusals have have been reported here based on the same issue. HO accepts only FPS reports for RTI submissions (They seem to be fixated on the format!)
Last edited by zimba on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:10 am

zshaan21 wrote:Dear all,

At the moment 3 emoloyees are working for my comoany, also I withdraw salary as a director from my company. I asked my accountant to send me FPS RTI submissiom, he said he can provide me each month consolidated FPS report of all employees.

As, he can't provide the indivdual employee wise. Do you think it should be fine ?

Pls advise ....

Kind Regards,
Syed
FPD reports usually are single pages per month for all your employees. I LINKED A SAMPLE ABOVE !!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:23 am

zimba88 wrote:
Obie wrote:Employee payment record can be used in place of Real-Time Full payment Submission.

This has been discussed before and several refusals have have been reported here based on the same issue. HO accepts only FPS reports for RTI submissions (They seem to be fixated on the format!)
I appreciate your views, but there is nothing in the rules that supports this restrictions . If it is only RTI FPS that is accepted, this this ought to have been embedded in the rules.

Unfortunately neither the rules nor the guidance appears to support this inflexibility in evidential requirement.

I appreciate that the RTI FPS came into effect in October 2013 for employers, but the rules itself does not say, only that will be permitted.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:41 am

Yes, I am aware of that. However HO does not clarify what Employee Payment Records are and what is acceptable. Is it P11s, P32s or some other document. Also there are many refusals reported because applicants provided all other forms of Employee Payment Records together showing all the information HO is looking for but caseworkers simply ignore them and demand FPS reports.
To be honest, FPS reports are they only documents that show ALL the information they are looking for in one place as far as I know.

Given that there are no appeals any more and the risks and consequences of being refused a visa extension are huge, I highly recommend to applicants to submit FPS reports instead and avoid the risks.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:52 am

zimba88 wrote:Yes, I am aware of that. However HO does not clarify what Employee Payment Records are and what is acceptable. Is it P11s, P32s or some other document. Also there are many refusals reported because applicants provided all other forms of Employee Payment Records together showing all the information HO is looking for but caseworkers simply ignore them and demand FPS reports.
To be honest, FPS reports are they only documents that show ALL the information they are looking for in one place as far as I know.

Given that there are no appeals any more and the risks and consequences of being refused a visa extension are huge, I highly recommend to applicants to submit FPS reports instead and avoid the risks.
This is correct I submitted mine which were done in SAGE how home office refused those one. They are not making the thing clearer for any one, so it is better to submit each and every thing.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:01 am

Suffice to say that their approach is inconsistent with Alvi, and the courts, in a JR setting, will have no difficulty in setting it aside.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 am

zimba88 wrote:Payroll summary is not the same as FPS reports even though they have pretty much the same information. You need to submit FPS reports as they are they only reports that are acceptable from HO point of view.

Read more on how to prepare them manually: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 09974.html
Dear Zimba,

If we use SAGE to report FPS on RTI, and SAGE does not provide the required format of FPS, and we use Moneysoft to make a suitable FPS for HO purpose with same details submitted to HMRC. Does HMRC have a copy they received and it shows that FPS was from SAGE, or they have just the details of tax and NI and other deductions. On Moneysoft format, there is nothing says it is from Moneysoft software, it is like the format you linked.
I have FPS from Moneysoft and I have a copy of HMRC record shows same numbers.
Is it OK to do that.
Please advise,
Thanks,

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:47 am

jafersadeq wrote:
zimba88 wrote:Payroll summary is not the same as FPS reports even though they have pretty much the same information. You need to submit FPS reports as they are they only reports that are acceptable from HO point of view.

Dear Zimba,

If we use SAGE to report FPS on RTI, and SAGE does not provide the required format of FPS, and we use Moneysoft to make a suitable FPS for HO purpose with same details submitted to HMRC. Does HMRC have a copy they received and it shows that FPS was from SAGE, or they have just the details of tax and NI and other deductions. On Moneysoft format, there is nothing says it is from Moneysoft software, it is like the format you linked.
Is it OK to do that.
Please advise,
Thanks,

Hi, I submitted mine via SAGE but homeoffice didnot accept it although it have had full info in it which they wanted to know. I have also send the sample which home office is accepting and are posted by some members on this forum to my accountant.
As soon as I will get a reply I will update in my threat, you can keep an eye on it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:34 pm

jafersadeq wrote: Dear Zimba
Is it OK to do that.
Please advise,
Thanks,
I repeat again, RTI information is ALREADY submitted to HMRC and they OBVIOUSLY have the RAW data (If you want to know more, It is in general XML format and it is NOT linked to a specific software, RTI system simply communicates with ANY payroll software in that standard for submissions, so ALL payroll software MUST communicate in that standard with RTI)

This issue here is about FPS REPORTS (generated for your information ONLY by the software)
HO seems to have an issue with the format of these FPS reports as they want them to show all the information in one place. I suggested to use Moneysoft software ONLY AND ONLY to FORMAT your ALREADY SUBMITTED data in a way HO caseworkers want.

DO NOT CONFUSE yourselves, you can use ANY SOFTWARE to submit your payroll to HMRC and generate FPS reports, however some of these report FORMATS do NOT have ALL the information that HO wants to SEE.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:05 pm

In Sage software you can also prepare a similar format, please check below thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 63-20.html

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:08 pm

awan905 wrote:In Sage software you can also prepare a similar format, please check below thread.

Obviously no one is denying that. Good to know that Sage can produce the desired FPS reports

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:27 pm

I am sure many will find this thread helpful.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:32 pm

zimba88 wrote:
awan905 wrote:In Sage software you can also prepare a similar format, please check below thread.

Obviously no one is denying that. Good to know that Sage can produce the desired FPS reports

.....a brightpay software is use friendly, and will generate all possible analysis one wants, either for individual employee or for all employee

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:14 am

@Zimmba88,and others
I see you are God sent to this Forum. My accountant has argued and argued with me on FPS, I told him specifically HO standard and requirement as it is in the policy guidance but he said his accounting software cannot produce that format. After reading all the thread I simply downloaded the MONEYSOFT payroll and followed the simple procedure, alas, I got the format of the FPS, and payslips. Thank you so much and to all others that raised this issued and contributed God bless you.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:16 pm

Good to hear