ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

addictivemate
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur application

Post by addictivemate » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 am

Guys,

I want to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur from Canada. The last UK visa I had was Tier 1(General) visa which expired in 2012. I wish to know whether I need to show 50,000 pounds or 200,000 pounds? On the home office site it says :

Apply as a former Tier 1 (General)
You can apply if either:

you have a Tier 1 (General) visa and want to change (switch) your visa
the last visa you had was Tier 1 (General)

Please kindly clarify

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur application

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 am

That is when you are in the UK with a valid Tier 1 General visa and you want to switch to Tier 1E route. You are not eligible to switch as you have no visa and not in the UK. You have to apply for entry clearance. 50K funding is only available if you secure it from a UK venture capital, a UK seed fund or UK government only, otherwise you need at least 200K to apply.

For more information refer to the Tier 1E guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2016.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice