ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency / Claiming social welfare

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kyas
Newly Registered

Permanent residency / Claiming social welfare

Post by kyas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:44 am

Hi all,

I am an EU citizen and my wife is non-EEA citizen and we have been living under EU4FAm together for 5 years, now we are applying for permanent residency and I can demonstrate that I have continuously been in employment for 5 years, however I recently left my job to take care of the children while she is working. We have sufficient resources and on that basis we will apply - can we also claim social welfare for a few months and resume working? Her 5 year card expires in 8 months time. Can this invalidate the sufficent resources rule?
Thanks for advising. We will apply soon for residency.

Regards
Kyas

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Permanent residency / Claiming social welfare

Post by broli » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:58 am

Hi

I live in the same situation i because the provider for my eu spouse.

But it seems clear to me that if you live with sufficient resources and take social welfare, that means you didn't have sufficient resources (they could argue even if you take up a job later).

I think you can take benefits like child Support tax + I think there's a homemaker tax credit if you have children + take a joint assessment so you wife get an extract 80 to 100 € a month if you don't know for those.

Please stay in touch (with me :mrgreen: for tips sharing and experience )and always share you experience on the forum it will help a lot of people.