ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to Ireland with non-eea husband

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kunkan
Newly Registered

Return to Ireland with non-eea husband

Post by kunkan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:20 pm

My husband currently has the 5 years residence card under the eu family member exercising eu rights in the UK. I am an irish citizen and i will like to move back to Ireland with him.

Does he need a visa to come to ireland?
How can he get residency as irish spouse in ireland?
Will his 5years eu residence card that was issued in uk be cancelled as he gets his irish residency?

noajthan

Re: Return to Ireland with non-eea husband

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:47 pm

kunkan wrote:My husband currently has the 5 years residence card under the eu family member exercising eu rights in the UK. I am an irish citizen and i will like to move back to Ireland with him.

Does he need a visa to come to ireland?
How can he get residency as irish spouse in ireland?
Will his 5years eu residence card that was issued in uk be cancelled as he gets his irish residency?
1) No. As you've completed a Surinder Singh assignment in UK.

2) For example, reside in Eire with you for 5 years on EU route on basis of Surinder Singh case law.
Or jump ship and transfer to domestic Irish route; (don't know about that - check INIS).

3) No, but it will become invalidated by any prolonged absence from UK (or by any other material change eg divorce).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.