ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS without passport?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

london2007
Newly Registered

IELTS without passport?

Post by london2007 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 am

hello everyone,
I have applied for ILR and my passport and all other documents are with UKVI(homeoffice) for more than six months. I would like to give IELTS to migrate to CANADA. I am eligible for express entry. But as my passport is with UKVI, I can not give IELTS without passport. Is there any alternative to my problem or is there any other English exam I can take as alternative to IELTS?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IELTS without passport?

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Why apply and pay the high fee for ILR if you plan to migrate to Canada?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london2007
Newly Registered

Post by london2007 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:50 pm

I have 2 business and 4 property here. I Don't want to take a chance on other UK visa, seeing current situation and attitude of British Government towards migrant.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm slightly confused. Are you asking if there's an alternative test to IELTS, as a requirement for emigration to Canada? :?

If so, a simple Google search would have found this link with acceptable language tests. :?:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... esting.asp

Where is 'here'? The UK or Canada?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:16 pm

But why pay for ILR if you plan to apply and move from the UK? ILR is lost after 2 years absence from the UK. Short visits don't maintain ILR status
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london2007
Newly Registered

Post by london2007 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 am

I will be financially active in UK and will be travelling regularly here in UK.
I think it should be ok, for ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:53 am

london2007 wrote:I will be financially active in UK and will be travelling regularly here in UK.
I think it should be ok, for ILR.
No it won't. Short visits do not maintain ILR status. You should aim to get British citizenship to make it easier to return.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:13 pm

london2007 wrote:hello everyone,
I have applied for ILR and my passport and all other documents are with UKVI(homeoffice) for more than six months. I would like to give IELTS to migrate to CANADA. I am eligible for express entry. But as my passport is with UKVI, I can not give IELTS without passport. Is there any alternative to my problem or is there any other English exam I can take as alternative to IELTS?
Thanks.
Same question, is it possible take to IELTS test without original passport as it is with Home Office?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Casa wrote:I'm slightly confused. Are you asking if there's an alternative test to IELTS, as a requirement for emigration to Canada? :?

If so, a simple Google search would have found this link with acceptable language tests. :?:

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:36 pm

noajthan wrote:
Casa wrote:I'm slightly confused. Are you asking if there's an alternative test to IELTS, as a requirement for emigration to Canada? :?

Sorry for asking again but can not find answer as whether IELTS exam is possible without original passport.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:01 pm

Tagging questions onto another member's thread causes confusion.

Google is a wonderful invention!

http://www.ihlondon.com/exam-centre/iel ... ielts-faq/

What proof of identification can I use?

On the day of the IELTS test you must present an original and current passport
. We cannot accept photocopies (even if they are certified copies from a Solicitor) or letters from the Home Office. You will not be able to sit your exam without a valid passport.

If you are an EU citizen, you may use your National ID card for registration instead of a passport. Only EU citizens can present their National ID card instead of a passport.

On the day of the test, you must present the same identification document you used when you completed your application form.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks a lot. It was same query as OP, nothing more so asked here, there are countless examples where other members have done this and makes sense as OP also have got answer to his question.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

helpingperson wrote:Thanks a lot. It was same query as OP, nothing more so asked here, there are countless examples where other members have done this and makes sense as OP also have got answer to his question.

And there are also countless examples where the OPs have complained about other members asking their own questions in the threads, resulting in the original question being lost within a confusing jumble. :!:

However, you were given your answer.
(Casa, not CR001)

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Casa wrote:
helpingperson wrote:Thanks a lot. It was same query as OP, nothing more so asked here, there are countless examples where other members have done this and makes sense as OP also have got answer to his question.

And there are also countless examples where the OPs have complained about other members asking their own questions in the threads, resulting in the original question being lost within a confusing jumble. :!:

However, you were given your answer.
Thank you Casa. I did not ask new question here, I asked what OP asked.

I appreciate your answer.