ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De Facto Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bobby80gh

De Facto Visa

Post by bobby80gh » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:03 pm

I am a British citizen currently working in Ghana. I have been in a relationship with Ghanaian lady which is akin to marriage for over 10 years now but we are not legally married. We have 3 kids together. I am thinking of moving my fiancee and my kids to Europe and Ireland is one of the options.

I would be very grateful if you could advise me as to how to go about this. My first two kids are Ghanaians as I gave birth to them before I acquired my British citizenship.

Also I have enough evidence to proof that we are in subsisting relationship.

noajthan

Re: De Facto Visa

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:16 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:33 pm

thank you for the link. As you know these EU policies are not respected by many countries. I really need practical advise.

I irish immigration website is not clear enough. It says those on C-visit visa can not apply for defacto visa but need to apply for D joining visa. But it looks like the D joining joining visa is not applicable to EU dependants.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:36 pm

bobby80gh wrote:
thank you for the link. As you know these EU policies are not respected by many countries. I really need practical advise.

I irish immigration website is not clear enough. It says those on C-visit visa can not apply for defacto visa but need to apply for D joining visa. But it looks like the D joining joining visa is not applicable to EU dependants.
Countries control their own entry visas.
In Eire expect significant and well-documented delays in visa processing; you may wish to look elsewhere.

Once in the country, a de facto visa may be for those on domestic Irish migration trajectory not EU route.

Countries in EU have no choice but to respect EU Directive.
However Eire may not be the most appropriate choice for unmarried partners.

You can dig into how Eire shapes up here:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/eu-cou ... o-ireland/
As Irish legislation does not treat registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage Ireland is not be obliged to recognise registered partners as family members. However, Ireland is obliged to facilitate the entry and residence of the partner with whom the Union citizen has a durable relationship, duly attested. In doing so an extensive examination of the personal circumstances of such relations must be undertaken.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.