ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

one2three

citizenship application query

Post by one2three » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Irish naturalization next month but i have a confusion, In 2008 i was arrested by garda in temple bar (probably new year eve - cant remember at all) the arrest was for public order offense. I was taken to garda station but they let me go after 5-10 minutes after i explained what actually happened. Garda took my name and asked my address and told me to be careful and i was free to go home- there wasn't any followup to that.

Now i am wondering if i will have to mention this in the citizenship form or not? I believe that garda doesnt have any criminal record for me ( as i have been getting garda vetted every year due to nature of my job)

any input on this please?

And in the meantime i am planning to access my garda record under the data protection act - and i have a problem filling out the form, can someone see and form and tell me what do i need to write at the start of the form - under PLEASE SPECIFY SECTION ?
here is the form,
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Data Protection Access Request form.
Capture.PNG (44.84 KiB) Viewed 597 times
I am because we are.

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: citizenship application query

Post by madmedman » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Hey. Regarding your first query, you have to declare it under "did you ever come to the adverse attention of the gardai?" You will be asking for trouble if you dont declare it. Provide more info in the section where they ask for it. You can also include a letter detailing the events.

Re your second query, why not mention you are requesting under data protection and that you are due to apply for naturalisation and need the details.

Thats how i would approach the scenarios. Hope you will not face any complications but its best to be up front and disclose everything.

one2three

Re: citizenship application query

Post by one2three » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks Kaiser

Do you think i should get a solicitor or try and write a letter explaining the incident myself ?

Thanks.
I am because we are.