ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proxy Marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Uk2016Uk
Newly Registered

Proxy Marriage

Post by Uk2016Uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello I am the sponsor in my situation, my husband is in Pakistan and he is the applicant.

We both had a proxy marriage over Skype this was in 2014 we had our Nikkah (Wedding) where papers were signed and then my husband sent me the papers and once I sent them back we got our marriage registered. There is both the Pakistani and English certificate.

Now in 2015 I went abroad to have our wedding celebrations and everything. I've applied once before and they refused me but this time round I am about to send my documents over and I am worried even with all the photos and everything and proof that I lived with my husband this year the wedding certificate will go against me.

Can someone please advise me and help me, maybe someone has gone through this?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Proxy Marriage

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Why were you refused before?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Uk2016Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2016Uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Obie wrote:Why were you refused before?
Hello
I was refused for a few reasons, it was about the marriage that it didn't seem authentic enough, second I didn't earn 18,600, and back then my father gave me a gift of money for my wedding so I used that. Back then I had a really bad solicitor and she gave me horrible advise.

They also didn't believe the relationship was genuine.

But this time round I've lived with my husband we've got proof of that, we've been on honeymoon, we've had our wedding and all.

This time round the solicitor we have now wants us to get a new marriage certificate but I can't do that as the wedding might be proxy but it was registered then so how can I.

On the 30th of this month my husband will go and apply so we are thinking to just send everything as it is

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Why didn't you just travel to Pakistan for your nikkah or waited until you went to Pakistan?

I don't think Skype marriages are accepted.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Uk2016Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2016Uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:25 pm

i.need.help wrote:Why didn't you just travel to Pakistan for your nikkah or waited until you went to Pakistan?

When I applied before I was told proxy marriage is ok, it's just you need to have it accepted in both countries which it was.

I couldn't travel to Pakistan at the time because of work and I had already been to see my husband before the marriage over Skype.

So you think it will not look good even though we have so much evidence of our relationship this time round?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Uk2016Uk wrote:
i.need.help wrote:Why didn't you just travel to Pakistan for your nikkah or waited until you went to Pakistan?

When I applied before I was told proxy marriage is ok, it's just you need to have it accepted in both countries which it was.

I couldn't travel to Pakistan at the time because of work and I had already been to see my husband before the marriage over Skype.

So you think it will not look good even though we have so much evidence of our relationship this time round?
I can't say tbh, but reading others experiences, shows they too faced difficulties with proxy marriages.

Why didn't you do the nikkah when you went again?

Remember to submit proof of communication from the start of your relationship. Chat/call logs. pics etc, plane tickets etc.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Uk2016Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2016Uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:49 pm

i.need.help wrote:
Uk2016Uk wrote:

I can't say tbh, but reading others experiences, shows they too faced difficulties with proxy marriages.

Why didn't you do the nikkah when you went again?

Remember to submit proof of communication from the start of your relationship. Chat/call logs. pics etc, plane tickets etc.

Well if we did the Nikkah already in 2014 and it's all registered and everything how can you have a whole new Nikkah??

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:56 pm

There is a world of difference between proxy marriage and Skype marriage .

I have known 3 skype marriage application which I was assocoated with, and there was no problems.

Furthermore, uk will accept a marriage that Pakistan accepts .

I know position is differentitled with EU application, but UK citizens are entitled to undertake proxy marriage.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Uk2016Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2016Uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Obie wrote:There is a world of difference between proxy marriage and Skype marriage .

I have known 3 skype marriage application which I was assocoated with, and there was no problems.

Furthermore, uk will accept a marriage that Pakistan accepts .

I know position is differentitled with EU application, but UK citizens are entitled to undertake proxy marriage.
Oh okay I see, so I guess it's not the greatest of ways but maybe just maybe it will be ok, but I have a question I have lived with my husband now for 7 months we've been on honeymoon everything so do you think this is enough to prove the relationship?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Proxy/Skype marriages come under close scrutiny for obvious reasons. You need to submit evidence of contact between you during any periods spent apart, not only the time you've been living together.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Uk2016Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Uk2016Uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Casa wrote:Proxy/Skype marriages come under close scrutiny for obvious reasons. You need to submit evidence of contact between you during any periods spent apart, not only the time you've been living together.
Oh yes of course, but last year when we applied they kept all of our whatsapp conversations and calls, but this year I've added everything I possibly can