ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sam1986
Newly Registered

Please help advice needed

Post by Sam1986 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 pm

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, we looking to get married he's shared he life with me been honest from the start and I trust 1000 per cent, problem is he's an asylum seeker he's lived in the U.K. For 10 years been refused British citizen has 2 sign every 2 weeks, but with only an ind home office card isn't enough to use for I.d to get married what do we do what can we apply for where do we start etc please help

noajthan

Re: Please help advice needed

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Assuming you are British.
Go abroad, get married.
(Fiance risks detention and removal if you seek permission to marry in UK).

Apply for spouse visa for hubby, assuming you have a plan to live in UK and you meet the financial requirements.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sam1986
Newly Registered

Post by Sam1986 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Yes I'm British sorry he's Kurdish, we can't get married abroad as he can't travel as classed as asylum seeker thanks for your reply

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:53 pm

You say 'For 10 years been refused British citizen', but what has happened with his asylum application?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sam1986
Newly Registered

Post by Sam1986 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:26 pm

Nothing's happened he just goes the police station every month to sign to at he's still here etc there's nothing else happened

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:38 am

If you have lived together for 2 years in a relationship 'akin to marriage' you may qualify as unmarried partners. However, are you aware that neither an unmarried partnership or marriage will give your partner any legal status in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sam1986
Newly Registered

Post by Sam1986 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 am

It's not about him staying in the uk it's about us wanting to be married

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Sam1986 wrote:It's not about him staying in the uk it's about us wanting to be married
I can understand that. If he is under the protection of the asylum claim, you may be able to persuade the Home Office to release his passport in enable you to marry.
(Casa, not CR001)