ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit visa refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

najaf1
Newly Registered

family visit visa refusal

Post by najaf1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:07 pm

hi all , looking for some advice on what to do next, im british and my wife is african, we been married for 10 years living in the uk and she has just this week gained her british citizenship, we have also just had a baby in feb and sadly hes not too well with a catalogue of problems , my wife wanted her sister to come from africa to stay with us and to meet the baby etc etc , i went through all the paperwork and put it all in , my wifes sister has her own home and a good job by african standards, she also had some savings so we put all this in with the application , letter from her employer , home ownership docs , bank statements. my wife and i have over 10k savings and we said we were paying for the trip and accomodation, anyway during the waiting for decision the home office called my wife to check all the details we gave , everthing was answered and all seemed ok, however the visa was refused on the usual old grounds that on the balance of probabilities my sister in law would not return to africa, we even explained that my wife has had her ILR for 5 years now and never once has she tried to sponsor anyone from her home , this was just a one off because of our new baby . how on earth can we improve on my sister in laws personal circumstances enough and credibly so that she can come to the uk for 1 measly month...any ideas welcome thanks in advance

vinny

Re: family visit visa refusal

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Reapply.

Try to focus on your sister in law's strong ties to her home country. What would compel her to return home rather than remain in the UK?

How long has she been employed in her present job?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

najaf1
Newly Registered

Re: family visit visa refusal

Post by najaf1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:12 pm

she has been employed for 8 years , she owns her own home, she is single and her kids have all grown up and moved to america ,