ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult child joining a parent in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Durbzzz
United States of America

Adult child joining a parent in the UK

Post by Durbzzz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 am

I am an adult child of a naturalized UK citizen. I hold USA/South African citizenship. My mom is sick and I am her primary carer. She has Parkinson's Disease and is getting all her treatment in the UK. Her treatment is not available anywhere else so she cannot move.

I was give the wrong legal advice and misled by border agents in the last few years. I applied for ILR and was denied and I understand why. What other options do I have to get back to the UK? I am working on 2 startups with a UK investor and am working towards trying to apply for the tier 1 entrepreneur visa to get back. Someone else on the forum mentioned the EEA family permit but after calling UK solicitors they said it wasn't applicable to me and one said it's not available anymore.

Any advice on what else I can pursue?

Casa

Re: Adult child joining a parent in the UK

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 am

Durbzzz wrote:I am an adult child of a naturalized UK citizen. I hold USA/South African citizenship. My mom is sick and I am her primary carer. She has Parkinson's Disease and is getting all her treatment in the UK. Her treatment is not available anywhere else so she cannot move.

I was give the wrong legal advice and misled by border agents in the last few years. I applied for ILR and was denied and I understand why. What other options do I have to get back to the UK? I am working on 2 startups with a UK investor and am working towards trying to apply for the tier 1 entrepreneur visa to get back. Someone else on the forum mentioned the EEA family permit but after calling UK solicitors they said it wasn't applicable to me and one said it's not available anymore.

Any advice on what else I can pursue?
Why have you opened a new thread? Please continue in your original thread where you are already receiving advice.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1402351
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.