ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship approval Query regarding GNIB Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skmk143
Newly Registered

Citizenship approval Query regarding GNIB Card

Post by skmk143 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi All,
I received my citizenship approval letter on 16th of July and I was requested the routine documents e.g pics,GNIB Card and 950 Euro draft. I sent them all documents on 21st received by them on 22nd. However my question is that my GNIB card was due to expire on 28th July so at this stage its already expired however when it was requested and when they received it it was still valid. My question is would I be asked for a new GNIB card till ceremony or am I fine? Some people told me normally they will ask you for new GNIB before they send you approval and once they send you approval that means you wont be asked for it. I did apply for renewal of my visa but as soon as I got my citizenship approval I was told by my solicitor that we will withdraw your application for visa as it is irrelevant at this stage.

Any one with past experience or any information on this will be much appreciated.
Thanks

bebo1901

Re: Citizenship approval Query regarding GNIB Card

Post by bebo1901 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

you dont need to renew it.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 pm

skmk143 wrote:Hi All,
I received my citizenship approval letter on 16th of July and I was requested the routine documents e.g pics,GNIB Card and 950 Euro draft. I sent them all documents on 21st received by them on 22nd. However my question is that my GNIB card was due to expire on 28th July so at this stage its already expired however when it was requested and when they received it it was still valid. My question is would I be asked for a new GNIB card till ceremony or am I fine? Some people told me normally they will ask you for new GNIB before they send you approval and once they send you approval that means you wont be asked for it. I did apply for renewal of my visa but as soon as I got my citizenship approval I was told by my solicitor that we will withdraw your application for visa as it is irrelevant at this stage.

Any one with past experience or any information on this will be much appreciated.
Thanks
you don't need to renew it , and consider yourself lucky as yes they usually ask for your GNIB card to be renewed before granting you approval , in my case they asked me to renew mine nearly 2 months before it expired , so that put things on hold for another few months ... so be happy and enjoy your freedom ...and never look back .unless you miss the hassle of renewing your GNIB card ?

Congratulations and Good Luck!!

skmk143
Newly Registered

Post by skmk143 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 pm

@adelmurray I dont know any one yet who actually enjoy going to GNIB early morning and wait a whole day to renew your GNIB card..lol
but thanks very much for the information appreciate it.. :)

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Hey I am in same situation. please share what happened did you renew your GNIB ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:20 pm

Member in question last visited our community over a year ago - so its likely we will never know.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Last edited by J_Karim on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:18 pm

Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K