ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set O query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Subh35

Set O query

Post by Subh35 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR on 24th Mar and have a query. I checked the FAQs and other posts, but couldn't find the answer.

I believe the form has changed in Nov 2015 and seem to include a new question 7.3 (regarding other penalty related to criminal offences). Does this refer to penalty charge notices for parking and other traffic contraventions.

Moderators please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Subh

worriedsoul
Newly Registered

Re: Set O query

Post by worriedsoul » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:24 pm

I had 1 PCN (parking ticket) and my spouse had 2 FPNs (SP30 speeding at 36 on a 30 mile road). I answered 'No' for the criminality question on SET(O) as PCN and FPN are not considered criminal convictions unless you have gone to court. But I did include a cover letter with the information as I did not want to hide anything. My ILR was approved and spouse's ILR also approved yesterday 5th March 2016.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:40 pm

worriedsoul wrote:I had 1 PCN (parking ticket) and my spouse had 2 FPNs (SP30 speeding at 36 on a 30 mile road). I answered 'No' for the criminality question on SET(O) as PCN and FPN are not considered criminal convictions unless you have gone to court. But I did include a cover letter with the information as I did not want to hide anything. My ILR was approved and spouse's ILR also approved yesterday 5th March 2016.
Congrats worriedsoul. I was actually not referring to the criminal conviction question. This is question 7.3, b/w criminal conviction questions and civil penalty question. What was your answer to question 7.3.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:21 am

Hi All, Please advise. I understand from previous posts in this forum that we don't need to declare FPN and PCN's in the criminal conviction section or the civil penalty section. But is the new question (7.3) in the latest Set O specifically asking for it or it is referring to something else? Although the question gives examples of penalty as Warning, cautions, reprimands and similar penalty. The word "similar penalty" is what troubling me.

I am quite anxious at the moment. :-( Please help.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:46 am

Wouldn't you rather err on the side of the caution and list out the PCNs you may have received as if they are indeed not relevant ILR, they will not affect your application outcome.

Read this - http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 04348.html

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Wouldn't you rather err on the side of the caution and list out the PCNs you may have received as if they are indeed not relevant ILR, they will not affect your application outcome.

Read this - http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 04348.html
Thanks for sharing the link. should i include my PCNs in section 7.3 or in the covering letter?

As in my case i have 3 parking tickets and 2 PCN for traffic contravention (both issued by council not police). I am worried if this will be considered as numerous, I was under the impression that these are not recorded and not relevant for ILR.

Also as none of them were issued by police will they still be deemed as penalty related to criminal offence?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:56 am

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks. I feel i should declare them in covering letter instead of the application form. unfortunately I don't even know the exact dates, i checked my bank accounts and could find the tentative dates.

azaynagpal
Newly Registered

Post by azaynagpal » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 am

Hi Subh35,

How did you declare you FPN and PCN with the application.

I am in a similar situation as yours and do not know hot to declare FPN and PCN.

Can you please share your experience.

Br,
Ajay