ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Simple Caution just before applying for ECAA Indefinite Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helpingperson
BANNED

Re: Simple Caution just before applying for ECAA Indefinite

Post by helpingperson » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Nhr wrote:Hi Everyone,

So, I applied for my Indefinite visa on 22 June 2015. There is still no reply from HO in any way!!
My solicitor sent them letter on 25 Jan 2016 because my grandparents died but they even didnt reply to that, then we called HO on 25 Feb 2016 and as usual they didnt say anything and only told my solicitor to fax them the letter which he sent in Jan.

I am calling them by myself but they keep only telling me to wait. I am waiting for almost 9 months and I really had enough. So much stress, I cant concentrate anything, I couldnt go to funerals and lots more.

They dont refuse it obviously because they could do it easily in 1 month but they dont send my visa too and they dont give us any information about it, which is ridiculous.

Anyone can guess whats going on? :(

One of my friends told me that he had to wait for his passport around 7 months last year and talked to his local MP about it and he got his passport back after 1 week. I am planning to do this, I dont know if its a good idea or bad but i dont have any other choice.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Thanks
What was outcome was this ILR application? What decision you get?

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Basically, they kept my passport 10 months in HO. Just because i contact with my local MP and he sent them a letter about my case they finally answered. (My lawyer and i tried many times but HO didnt answer at all).

They rejected my visa but the problem was they rejected it after 3 months from my application date and they didnt send my passport back. They kept it extra 7 months for no reason, eventhough i have permission to stay in the UK until May 2017.

When MP questioned them about it, they made up lots of different excuses and said sorry for misunderstanding!!! (10 months misunderstanding!!)

If there is anyone in the same situation and cant get any answer from HO(within 6 months), I suggest everyone to talk to their local MP because HO has to answer them within 3 weeks.

Now, i will apply for my indefinite again but i am not sure about dates.
I have been waiting for so long to get my ILR because of a silly reason, that's why even 1 month important for me.

It would be great if someone can answer my question. (Please see my previous post)

Thanks so much.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Nhr wrote:Basically, they kept my passport 10 months in HO. Just because i contact with my local MP and he sent them a letter about my case they finally answered. (My lawyer and i tried many times but HO didnt answer at all).

They rejected my visa but the problem was they rejected it after 3 months from my application date and they didnt send my passport back. They kept it extra 7 months for no reason, eventhough i have permission to stay in the UK until May 2017.

When MP questioned them about it, they made up lots of different excuses and said sorry for misunderstanding!!! (10 months misunderstanding!!)

If there is anyone in the same situation and cant get any answer from HO(within 6 months), I suggest everyone to talk to their local MP because HO has to answer them within 3 weeks.

Now, i will apply for my indefinite again but i am not sure about dates.
I have been waiting for so long to get my ILR because of a silly reason, that's why even 1 month important for me.

It would be great if someone can answer my question. (Please see my previous post)

Thanks so much.
NHR,

Thank you and good luck. This is very poor of Home Office as how they dealt with your case.

What was reason of your refusal? Did police certificate show caution on it?

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 pm

My boyfriend and i had an argument and i stupidly called the police. They gave both of us simple caution.
My boyfriend said it was his fault and wrote a letter but they didnt take it into consideration.

Yes, it is in my criminal records. I did PNC check.

You can see all the details in my previous posts.

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi,

Anyone can answer my question please?
Do i have to wait until my exact caution time spent or i can apply a little early and gain some time until HO start looking into my application? I have to apply by post.

Please see my previous posts for details.

Thank you very much.