ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS REGISTRATION

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anithasri
Newly Registered

NHS REGISTRATION

Post by Anithasri » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 am

Hi .. I am from India and on a spouse visa. I was trying to get registered wiht NHS however they said i was not eligible to. I do not possess a valid address proof since my husband has everything in this name. but we do have our marriage certificate. Could you please advice whether I will be able to register with NHS . Thanks in advance for your response.

Anitha !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NHS REGISTRATION

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:32 am

Get your husband to write a letter stating you are living there and provide his passport with yours and one of his bank statements. Or, open a bank account in your name.

How long have you been in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anithasri
Newly Registered

Post by Anithasri » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:36 am

I came in July and we will be here till march end .

So you saying there is no specific restriction on me for getting registered right ? They were particular about not getting me registered since i do not posses a valid address proof. I tried convincing them that we could provide them any thing other than the address proof of mine but they were not okay ,

regards
Anitha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:48 am

Why are you only here till March if you are on a spouse visa?

I worked for a GP so know very well what is accepted. A letter from your husband with proof of his address and both passports should be accepted.

Easiest to just open a basic bank account and take the letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anithasri
Newly Registered

Post by Anithasri » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:51 am

Thank you very much for your reply appreciate it .. I will check with them again, Cheers

Anitha !!

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:55 am

You need to answer CR001's question why you are only here until next March if you have a spouse visa?

Are you sure you have been issued with a spouse settlement visa? If not, this may be the problem with registering for NHS treatment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Anithasri
Newly Registered

Post by Anithasri » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:04 pm

My husband is on a project here . His project is for an year and it gets over by March 25 . So both of us will leave from here after that .

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:07 pm

When you applied for your visa, did you pay the NHS surcharge in addition to the visa fee?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Anithasri
Newly Registered

Post by Anithasri » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:10 pm

I am not sure i need to check with my husband. what are the implications - if i had paid then am i eligible to get registered ?? if i have not , then is it possible to pay now and get registered ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:13 pm

What is your husband's UK immigration status?

What does your visa say exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)