ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help... Travelling without BPR

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

achk

Urgent help... Travelling without BPR

Post by achk » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I sent off my switch to tier 5 visa application 4 weeks ago, and have not received anything back (I used to be on a tier 4 visa). This is normal as the process usually takes 8 weeks...

HOWEVER, my boyfriend has very romantically surprised me with a weekend trip to venice on my birthday this upcoming saturday... I have a second passport which is of a different nationality, I wondered if it's possible for me to travel with that passport and re-enter the UK without any problems?

I have read that there is a concern that if i re-enter with my second passport as a "tourist", my application could become void? Is this true/does anyone have any experience with this...

I am extremely conflicted on what to do, as the holiday is nonrefundable, but obviously I would rather this didn't affect my application either. Please help!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent help... Travelling without BPR

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:28 am

What tier 5 visa have you applied for?

achk

Post by achk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:35 am

tier 5 government authorised exchange... Does it make a difference?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 am

You can't apply in country for certain Tier5 visas. Just checking that did not apply in your case.

Process times vary depending on what else is happening in the migrant visa process hubs. The summer rush created by the student rush happens between July - September. It coincides with the highest demand for annual leave so the processes slows but will meet the published service level standards as a minimum usually.

If you leave the UK during the period post expiry of your current visa then you abandon the ongoing visa application.

If you use a second country passport to re-enter as a visitor then that is entry by deception as you are intending to stay under your other application.

Let's hope you get your passport and decision before you have to go on your trip.

achk

Post by achk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:05 am

Frontier Mole wrote:You can't apply in country for certain Tier5 visas. Just checking that did not apply in your case.

Process times vary depending on what else is happening in the migrant visa process hubs. The summer rush created by the student rush happens between July - September. It coincides with the highest demand for annual leave so the processes slows but will meet the published service level standards as a minimum usually.

If you leave the UK during the period post expiry of your current visa then you abandon the ongoing visa application.

If you use a second country passport to re-enter as a visitor then that is entry by deception as you are intending to stay under your other application.

Let's hope you get your passport and decision before you have to go on your trip.

Ah right... Thank you. I have since postponed my trip to avoid it affecting my Visa. Hopefully I will receive my passport as soon as possible.

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:36 pm

hi, did you apply as an intern? is it possible to apply within the UK for Tier 5 on Government exchange proramme?