ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA RC application still in progress... Brexit?

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saskiiaa
Newly Registered

EEA RC application still in progress... Brexit?

Post by saskiiaa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm worried about several things:

1. I'm an employed Dutch citizen living in the UK, and my husband is a US citizen. We sent in the application for his residence card in December, which they acknowledged in January, and we still haven't heard anything or gotten it back. Any ideas? Do you think the Brexit will affect our application?

2. I feel like it's likely they will change the EEA rules to be more like the tiered immigration rules for third-party nationals. Like, instead of just needing to show that I'm "employed", I'll have to prove I make enough money to support my husband. Is that a reasonable fear? Also, has anyone said what will happen to our ability to use NHS and receive benefits etc?

barbapapa

Re: EEA RC application still in progress... Brexit?

Post by barbapapa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:27 pm

I am also in a similar situation,
My wife (indian) posted her application for Residence Card in Mars, we got aknowldegement in April.
I would like to know how brexit will affect the outcome ?

Wendigo
Newly Registered

Post by Wendigo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:35 pm

I have a similar situation. My husband is Italian employed in the UK and I am Canadian. We applied for a residence card for me as the spouse of an EEA national in January and our application was acknowledged the same month. Will there now be a hold on applications? Can anyone assist in this regard?

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Eea2 application all depends on trust if they trust your relationship you will get your RC in 5 months if not they will refuse application and appeal will take 10 months to get reply from court.