ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 bank statement help!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dubai111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa refusal, submitting a new application

Post by dubai111 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Hey guys,

I applied for my tier 4 visa but got refused on the basis that I didn't have sufficient funds. On that application, I wrote that my length of stay in the UK is 4 years because I thought it included your whole study so I thought 1 year foundation programme + 3 years undergrad ... 4 years. So I just submitted a new application, and on this one I wrote I would be staying in the UK for 9 months because thats the duration of my foundation course and how long my visa would be valid for. I just wanted to know if this would be a problem for me cause I wrote two different things? would they even look at my previous application and possibly think its a discrepancy? If so, is there a letter I should include with my application to clarify this.

If anyone could help me out ASAP that would be great! I'm applying for my visa again in two days so any help would be appreciated :)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 visa refusal, submitting a new application

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:41 am

dubai111 wrote:I just wanted to know if this would be a problem for me cause I wrote two different things?
No.

Presumably your new application will be correcting the error with the money.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

dubai111
Newly Registered

Post by dubai111 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:47 am

Oh okay, so they wouldn't even check my previous application?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:38 am

dubai111 wrote:Oh okay, so they wouldn't even check my previous application?
They might, but if the application is for the same course as last time I can't see your error with the end date being any problem.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

dubai111
Newly Registered

Post by dubai111 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:42 am

yeah but on my previous application I stated that I would be staying in the UK for 4 years (my mistake) and then on my new application I wrote I would be staying for 9 months which is the correct time. I feel like they might see it as unsure of my time in UK changing answers and all...

dubai111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 bank statement help!

Post by dubai111 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Hey I have a question regarding the bank statements.

2nd September-29th September I have held the funds. Date of my application is 29th September. Now, is it fine for the closing balance on my bank statement to be the 2nd of October. The statement will cover a period from 2nd September-2nd October. Or does the closing balance have to be the date of application (29th September?)

Also, I didn't make any transactions on the 2nd September so it doesn't show up on my statement of account. Instead, it just shows a opening balance and the next it shows 3rd September. Is this fine? The statement however states that the statement PERIOD is 2nd Sep- 2 Oct

Thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 bank statement help!

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:46 pm

dubai111 wrote:Now, is it fine for the closing balance on my bank statement to be the 2nd of October.
Yes.
dubai111 wrote:I didn't make any transactions on the 2nd September so it doesn't show up on my statement of account. Instead, it just shows a opening balance and the next it shows 3rd September. Is this fine?
Yes.