ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed urgent.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fareeR

Help needed urgent.

Post by fareeR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi myself and my daughter were given 30months dependant visabased on my husbands PR on the condition that we dont claim public funds. My ilr will be after 10yrs as we had a illegal stay gap. I have a Brithish child now. Can my husband claim child benefit and tax credit for my British son alone?
Can my husband claim housing benefit? The flr fp visa letter says that he cant claim any benefit like housing and maintenance for me and daughter. My landlord has raised the rent extra 300£. So just trying to work out if my husband can claim any housing benefit. He is British now. At the time of our previous flr fp application he had only PR. Kindly help. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help needed urgent.

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Husband can claim child benefit in HIS NAME ONLY.

Child tax credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names with you.

HB, depends on your personal circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fareeR

Post by fareeR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you. Will claiming housing benefits affect my ilr and my daughter's ilr?
Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 am

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fareeR

Post by fareeR » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi can tax credit and child benefit obtained for my daughter as well? The ho letter on flr fp says my husband should not claim benefits on behalf of me and daughter. When i contaced hmrc they say its okay to claim for 2 children. I got the tax credits application which asks for details of children. What am I supposed to do? Please help.