ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Other country from UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ka2ed
Newly Registered

Visiting Other country from UK

Post by Ka2ed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:19 am

Hello,

I am currently in UK on a family Visit 6 Month Visa, and i was wondering if its ok to apply for another Visit Visa to Romania from the UK so i can travel to Romania with my Partner.

Is applying for another visit visa while am currently on a UK visit visa ? And the Romanian visa , does it have to be a tourism one or a private visit ? , My girlfriend is currently living in Uk with a national insurance number.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visiting Other country from UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:51 am

What is your girlfriends nationality?

What is your nationality?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 am

Are you in the country to visit your family, or your girlfriend? With whom are you staying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Decide which of the two different cases you have posted is the correct one and the other topic will then be locked.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1405862
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ka2ed
Newly Registered

Post by Ka2ed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:Decide which of the two different cases you have posted is the correct one and the other topic will then be locked.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1405862
The two topics arw related to each other , but i didnt know how tk decide to make it in one topic both of them , or separate ones z because this one about the visit visa , and after getting married to her , applying for the EEA

Sorry about the wrong decision.

Ka2ed
Newly Registered

Post by Ka2ed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 pm

CR001 wrote:What is your girlfriends nationality?

What is your nationality?
I am Egyptian and she is Romanian

Ka2ed
Newly Registered

Post by Ka2ed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:21 pm

ouflak1 wrote:Are you in the country to visit your family, or your girlfriend? With whom are you staying?
I have 2 sisters and they are both British Citizens , and am on a family visit visa because of them .

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Ka2ed wrote:
ouflak1 wrote:Are you in the country to visit your family, or your girlfriend? With whom are you staying?
I have 2 sisters and they are both British Citizens , and am on a family visit visa because of them .
Well that was certainly a careful way of avoiding the questions. However the reason why I posed those questions the way I did is because you can almost certainly expect to be asked those questions upon reentry, and what you be recored and verified. I'll just post the questions again. Are in the country to visit your family, or visit your girlfriend? With whom are you actually staying? You don't have to answer here on this forum, but I can just about guarantee you will asked questions of that nature at the border, and non-answer answers won't be accepted. They will expect direct answers to those direct questions and will decided whether to let you back in based on that.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:38 pm

It will also be relevant for a subsequent Family Permit application whether you mentioned the existence of your girlfriend in your visitor visa application.

If you manage to marry in Romania, when applying for a FP as the spouse of an EEA national you will have to submit strong evidence of a genuine relationship in order to convince the Case Worker that this isn't a marriage of convenience enabling you to secure residence in the UK.

Even more so after the Tier 4 visa refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ka2ed
Newly Registered

Post by Ka2ed » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks For The Replies,

What i can understand now is that its a bit risky and its not the best plan if i went to Romania on a visit and then apply for the FP , then going back to UK .

What about if i came back to my home country/her home fountry ,and got married with her , and then to apply for the FP , would it be better ?

She came to visit me in my country before , can any pictures or her travel ticket plus our marriage certificate can be one of the strong evidences ?

Thanks
Regards

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:57 am

Ka2ed wrote:Thanks For The Replies,

What i can understand now is that its a bit risky and its not the best plan if i went to Romania on a visit and then apply for the FP , then going back to UK .

What about if i came back to my home country/her home fountry ,and got married with her , and then to apply for the FP , would it be better ?

She came to visit me in my country before , can any pictures or her travel ticket plus our marriage certificate can be one of the strong evidences ?

Thanks
Regards
Best to get married in her country and then get the EU FP there. Then, if you want to enter the UK, you can do so if she is present with you or already in the UK.

What are your long-term goals? What are hers? Are they the same?

Ka2ed
Newly Registered

Post by Ka2ed » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:31 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
Ka2ed wrote:Thanks For The Replies,

Thanks
Regards
Best to get married in her country and then get the EU FP there. Then, if you want to enter the UK, you can do so if she is present with you or already in the UK.

What are your long-term goals? What are hers? Are they the same?

We have been in nearly 2 years relationship, we want to live together , as i look forward to studying in the UK , am already a student nearly finishing my degree , and i have planned recently to finish it in the UK , as she is currently working, she wants to study in September 2017 as well, so we kind of have the same goals, she lives with her parents , and if in the future i moved to uk with FP , we will stay together in her house.