ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions to answer for child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

owdakhan
Newly Registered

Few questions to answer for child benefit

Post by owdakhan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi All,

I'm filling child benefit form. I'm British Citizen but my wife in on spouse visa.
Just wondering what is best answer for below

Benefit form. question 31: Is your partner entitled to child benefit now or are they waiting to hear if they can get child benefit? Yes or No

question 48: Are you adopting or planning to adopt this child through a local authority? Yes or No
( it is my own child not adopting )

Question 15: have you always lived in the UK? yes or no (I came in 2006).

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Few questions to answer for child benefit

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:14 pm

owdakhan wrote:Hi All,

I'm filling child benefit form. I'm British Citizen but my wife in on spouse visa.
Just wondering what is best answer for below

Benefit form. question 31: Is your partner entitled to child benefit now or are they waiting to hear if they can get child benefit? Yes or No No

question 48: Are you adopting or planning to adopt this child through a local authority? Yes or No No
( it is my own child not adopting )

Question 15: have you always lived in the UK? yes or no (I came in 2006). No

Make sure you claim CB in your name only.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

owdakhan
Newly Registered

Post by owdakhan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks Caca,

When you say "Make sure you claim CB in your name only"?

Does this mean I do not have to fill my wife details in "About Your Partner" session 2?

I have filled my details in section 1 and my wife in section 2 and ticked No in question 31 which is as below

question 31: Is your partner entitled to child benefit now or are they waiting to hear if they can get child benefit? No

Please advise. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Complete your wife's details but claim in your name.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:33 pm

They need to know about your wife's details so they can check that she isn't claiming in her name too as CB can't be paid twice for the same child; and to see if she is earning over 50K, in whcih case she would need to do an SA every year with HMRC to pay some of the CB money back. They will know your details too as you will put them on the claim form.

As said, the CB must only be claimed in your name. It's a public fund that your wife cannot take.