ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permission Letter to Join Irish Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jlad

Permission Letter to Join Irish Spouse

Post by jlad » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:42 am

Hi all,

I am married to an Irish citizen and we would eventually like to settle down in Ireland. We both live and work in Germany at the moment, although i also hold a Residence Card of a Family Member of Union Citizen issued by Germany. We are looking into the process of moving back to Ireland and we understand that we need to register ourselves to the immigration and get GNIB Card. But we have come across this, http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... ish-spouse on the website when we are trying to see what the appointment dates are like. On the appointment selection, there are Permission Letter-> join partner or family member AND Other-> join family member. So which one is it for me if we were to make an appointment? Dont want to make the wrong appointment.

I am a non-visa required national and had visited Ireland a couple of times before with just my passport without any Irish Visa. But obviously accroding to the website, i will have to apply for permission to reside based on marriage to an Irish national, and have to get Permission Letter from INIS before we move back to Ireland and can take up to 12 months to process :(

But, we are very confused as on this website, http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... howtoapply ,it says that me being a non-required visa national can just enter Ireland as tourist and go and register myself when i am physically in Ireland but also take up to 12 months to process :(

Questions now are, which of these actually apply to me? And or, if i need to apply beforehand to get Permission Letter from INIS, where can i apply this - Irish embassy in Germany? Does both take up to 12 months to process?

Thank you so much.