ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefit and Wife FLRM Application

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit and Wife FLRM Application

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:40 am

Hi,
I have been granted ILR in Aug 16 and my child application for naturalisation and passport is in process ( Uk Born ) I am due to apply for my wife FLR M ( In country ) as she was on Tier 2 Dependent.
I am already receiving child benefit but also eligible for housing benefit despite having enough salary to meet financial requirement for my wife FLRM, can I apply for housing benefit while FLRM application is in process or should I wait until she gets visa and will it effect her extension or ILR after five years?

Casa

Re: Housing Benefit and Wife FLRM Application

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:39 am

You can only be awarded Housing Benefit at the single person + child rate as your wife can't be included in the calculation.

You will however, have to declare in the application that you are married and your wife is subject to immigration control.

Are you aware that FLR(M) will reset your wife's immigration clock to zero, setting her on a new 5 year path to ILR?

How did you apply for ILR? Under the 5 year or long residence route?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:46 am

Thanks Casa,

I was on Tier 2 General then ILR on 10 years basis, I am aware that her clock will reset but what we can do :(
Should I wait before my child gets her passport or I can apply now? so applying for benefits will not effect my wife FLR M or ILR in future?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:52 am

Getting your child's BC passport won't change the fact that your wife is subject to immigration control while on a FLR(M) visa.

If you claim as I suggested in my previous post this won't affect your wife's visa applications.

Child benefit in your name only, Working Tax & Child Tax Credits in JOINT NAMES

How long has your wife been living in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:07 am

I am not eligible for working tax credit or child tax credit but only housing benefit. And yes I am awarr my wife will not be eligible but as my child naturalisation is in process should I wait before apply HB?. She is here from June 13 as tier 2 dependent. Since my wife is subject to immigratio control we can claim CTC in joint name if I am eligible?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:14 am

Yes if you are eligible you can claim Child Tax Credit, but you must claim in joint names.

It would be advisable to wait until your child's naturalisation has been completed before claiming HB.
(Casa, not CR001)

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:18 am

Thank you Casa, yes thats what I was thinking as long as it does not effect my wife FLRM application and doesn't breach any rule. Will apply once receive my child passport

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:03 pm

Casa can you please help me on question about FLR M in related forum

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Jibri Sarkar wrote:Casa can you please help me on question about FLR M in related forum
I've read it but there are others better place to advise on this.
(Casa, not CR001)

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Sorry did not get your point. Was there anything wrong with my question?

Jibri Sarkar
Newly Registered

Post by Jibri Sarkar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Oh ok got your point now willl wait for it. Thanks