ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kadorkidor
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship applications from Northern Ireland

Post by Kadorkidor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:56 am

Hi to everyone any advice please regarding applying for Irish citizen for people living in Northern IrelandI have been living and working in Belfast over 8 years married to an Irish citizen with 3 kids my question please the Home Office refuse me the permanent residence last September because they say my my wife wasn't working for five years but she was self-employed solicitor appeal to the court last week
Will I be able to apply for Irish citizen while I'm waiting for the court decision any help would be appreciated

Kadorkidor
Newly Registered

Citizenship applications from Northern Ireland

Post by Kadorkidor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:19 pm

Obie wrote:Fully agree.

Only spouse of Irish Citizen who live in Northern Ireland or children born in Northern Ireland to parents who have ILR, British or Irish Citizenship, can Benefit from Irish Nationality law.
Hi obie and everyone else can you please help me with some advice
Am non eu citizen married to an Irish citizen for 9 years living in Northern Ireland
Will I be eligible for applying for citizenship and what documents you need to submit
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Posts merged.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kadorkidor
Newly Registered

Post by Kadorkidor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:47 pm

noajthan wrote:Posts merged.

Sorry

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Kadorkidor wrote:Hi to everyone any advice please regarding applying for Irish citizen for people living in Northern IrelandI have been living and working in Belfast over 8 years married to an Irish citizen with 3 kids my question please the Home Office refuse me the permanent residence last September because they say my my wife wasn't working for five years but she was self-employed solicitor appeal to the court last week
Will I be able to apply for Irish citizen while I'm waiting for the court decision any help would be appreciated
Not sure if you have had an answer to this or not. If the Home office has refused your ILR request, what visa are you currently on? If your permission has run out the Irish authorities will probably be mindful to allow you to apply for citizenship as this time is count as time you were not allowed permission to remain. However if you still have a few months on your visa they would probably allow that. As they take the period up to your sign the declaration at the back of the form as when to basis your time in Ireland.

So my advice would be if you have time on your previous visa apply ASAP if your visa has run out you would need to wait till your ILR appeal is complete and if its not successful you will most certainly be refused citizenship.

Requirement is married for 3 years, showing proof of living on Island of Ireland for 3 years prior to application within the last 4 years (taking into account periods of more than 6 weeks out of the Island of Ireland). If you can prove that and pay the fee you can apply.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:01 pm

According to the new guidance notes with the citizenship application, applicants from Northern Ireland need to send proof of lawful residence (visas).

"Where the residency is in Northern Ireland, evidence must be given of being lawfully resident in that jurisdiction for
the period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and a further 2 years in the 4 year period before that,
equalling 3 years in total, on foot of a permission granted by the immigration authorities of the United Kingdom,
which period was granted other than for a period of :
- enabling you to engage in a course of education of study; or
- having a claim to be recognised as a refugee within the meaning of the 1951 Geneva Convention relating to the
status of refugees and the 1967 protocol relating to the status of refugees determined by the UK authorities."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... g%2016.pdf

It is my understanding that if your notice of appeal was sent within the given time frame, you are considered legal while you wait for an appeal date. The problem is how to prove that satisfactorily to the Irish. The safest option would be to wait until your appeal has been heard and you are hopefully granted permanent residence. You *could* try to apply now, but there is no guarantee you would be approved, and you would lose the 175 euro filing fee.

Kadorkidor
Newly Registered

Post by Kadorkidor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Hey everybody thanks guys for reapplying I come to Belfast in 2009 with a 6 month visa from my home country and then applied for residence card 5 years exp en 2015 so I apply for permanent residence so I get a refused basic because my wife wasn't working for five years but she was working and we have proof stupid solicitor I was dealing with he don't ask me for too much documents to support the application and then I changed New solicitor so she appeal against decision now waiting game at the moment I have no visa or residence but I am married to an Irish citizen born in Belfast and i have 3 kids born in Belfast I'm self-employed I have my own businesses so i toad I'm married to an Irish citizen over 9 years now maybe I can apply even without residence thanks again any advice would be very grateful