ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish visa with refused schengen visa history

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kthomsen
Newly Registered

Irish visa with refused schengen visa history

Post by kthomsen » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi,

My wife (Algerian citizen) and I (Danish citizen) will be applying for a EU Treaty Right visa very soon (Short Stay C Visa), but there's one thing I am worried about and not 100% sure how to handle.

In January this year, we applied for a Tourist visa to Greece for 1 week holiday in May. Back then we were not married. I wanted to have her with me on a family vacation. Everything was fine, except 2 things.

1. The invitation letter that I sent was not properly legalized by the danish ministry of foreign affairs.
2. The visa processing time was very long. When my wife handed in the application she had a job at a company, and she documented that with a letter from the employer, stating that she worked there. 1 month later her contract ended and she was no longer working there. When they started processing her application, they called the company and asked if she was working there, and they said no. So, the visa office thought that she gave false informations - which she didn't. We have a contract stating that she worked till February 2016, and also the letter from her employer stating that she worked there, and the letter was issued on January 3rd 2016. The application was sent in on January 12th, 2016.

On March 20th (more than 1 month after her contract ended) the visa office sent me an e-mail, asking if I actually knew her, and told me that she had handed in a work certificate that they couldn't verify with the company (because she was no longer working there).

I told them that I knew her, sent proof and also told them what happened with her job. After that, they called her, and she confirmed the story.

So....... Now back to Ireland! We are gonna apply for a visa, and in the application they ask if she has ever been refused a visa, and of course we're gonna mention this situation for them, since we're gonna be completely honest. But... How much should we put into this? We have to send the refusal letter, but should we write a letter, explaining what happened back then? Should we send them her working contract AND the letter from her manager from back then? E-mail correspondence that I had with the embassy? All these things, to prove that she was wrongfully denied a visa back then?

Or should we just say yes in the application and send the refusal letter, and "let them decide from that"? I am worried that adding "too much information" will seem way too desperate. But at the same time, we are desperate, because we don't want to end up with another refusal, and not being able to be together in Ireland.

So please help us. What would you do in this situation? Would you write a letter explaining what happened? Would you add all the proof that shows she wasn't submitting false documents? Or would you just send them the refusal letter, and let them ask for more details if necessary?

Thanks!!

WALSHCASTRO
Newly Registered

Re: Irish visa with refused schengen visa history

Post by WALSHCASTRO » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi. I would send all the necessary information explaining the situation. They might not need it or even look at it, but if they do it will be there and it wont delay her application.
Something i've learned with all the visa applications i've made and working in a travel agency is that never is too much information. The more relevant information you send, the better - just in case...