ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel history - Anything to declare?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

infoseeker1
Newly Registered

Travel history - Anything to declare?

Post by infoseeker1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi all,

On the Part 6 of the UK Immigration form, there is a sub-section where they ask the following question, 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?'

Actually I have been denied study visa to Canada in August of this year and I'm planning to make a UK study visa application in Nov/Dec of this year against January 2017 start session. Would it impact negatively on my UK visa application if I tick 'yes' to the question and make full declaration that I was refused entry into Canada earlier this August, or should I simply tick 'no' and avoid the long talk and explanation that might impact me negatively?

Do they verify your immigration history especially non-UK history or do they just make a decision on your travel and immigration section based on the answers you give in this section of the form?

I ask because I know a friend's wife who was also denied entry into Canada twice before and later applied for a UK visitor visa and answered 'no' to the question and yet she got the visa without a hassle.

Do they scrutinize your details more when one applies for a 'more serious' class of visa like a study visa as against a visitor visa? I just do not want to flunk the application so I need to put my best foot forward; it is very important for me to get this advanced degree since sooooo many hopes rest on my being successful in it.

I'd really appreciate responses from those with this experience/knowledge both negative and positive (good, bad and ugly), thanks.

Regards,
Koffi.

noajthan

Re: Travel history - Anything to declare?

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Clearly you can expect to be scrutinised and interviewed for a student visa.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travel history - Anything to declare?

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:05 pm

infoseeker1 wrote:Would it impact negatively on my UK visa application if I tick 'yes' to the question and make full declaration that I was refused entry into Canada earlier this August
It depends on the reason for the refusal. If you didn't show enough money or forgot a document, probably not. If you were caught telling lies on the application, probably yes.
infoseeker1 wrote:or should I simply tick 'no' and avoid the long talk and explanation that might impact me negatively?
Lying on an immigration application in itself has a negative effect on the application.
infoseeker1 wrote:Do they verify your immigration history especially non-UK history or do they just make a decision on your travel and immigration section based on the answers you give in this section of the form?
Best to assume they do, and to not tell lies.
infoseeker1 wrote:Do they scrutinize your details more when one applies for a 'more serious' class of visa like a study visa as against a visitor visa?
No, they just look at different things.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.