ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 week rule in naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DublinGuy_123

6 week rule in naturalisation

Post by DublinGuy_123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Has anybody been denied citizenship because of the 6 week rule , I need to go to India for 2 months this year as my parent has a terminal decease and I want to help in the treatment , I was there 9 days in January and 8 week now, i will complete 5 years in Nov 2017.

Do I need to mention that in the naturalisation form, that I was there to help with the treatment and what proofs do I need to show.

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: 6 week rule in naturalisation

Post by J_Karim » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:25 pm

It means if resided aboard but if you went to holiday to your home country you don't have provide your home address (bk home).its your holiday not residing abroad..
Now if you stay out from Ireland more than 6 weeks ,you just need give a letter why you were outside of ireland more than 6 weeks..it's holiday and residing mean staying there even for while permanently with work or for living purpose..
You do not have to minus the time of your holiday from the calculator that's why you are giving a cover letter to consider the time you were out which was more than 6 weeks..
If you still confused can email citizenship dept they will explain you..
I was very migrants centre and they explained all to me.
Source: NCP
Hope it helps
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

DublinGuy_123

Post by DublinGuy_123 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:33 pm

So if I am in India for 10 weeks in a year , 2 times in the last 5 years , do I need to spend 5 years +10 weeks +10 weeks in Order to qualify , r there any cases where the application got refused because of this rule.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:36 pm

i think you can be absent 90days every year (like holidays), so the last 5 years overall 450 days, at least in UK is like this.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 am

if its a significant days you need to deduct the dates from residency calculator or if its exceed the nomal time frame they did considered in many cases..
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am

Was there an outcome to this particular case?