ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of US study visa rejections on UK study visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SPK2
Newly Registered

Effect of US study visa rejections on UK study visa?

Post by SPK2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:37 am

Hello everyone, I wish to apply for tier 4 but the thing which is hindering me is US study visa rejections. I was rejected 5 times on the basis of 'no intent to return back'. 3 times after my 12th grade and twice after my graduation. I have good academic background and i really want to go for MS in a world class univ. So, will it be successful to apply for UK study visa after so many rejections. Looking for expert view... :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Effect of US study visa rejections on UK study visa?

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:54 am

No one can tell you if you will be successful or not. You do have to declare the refusals though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MSKF

Post by MSKF » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:09 pm

I was refused a Tier 4 based on 5 years cap in 2014. Then I was refused a Canadian Student visa based on "not sufficient ties to home and already having a masters from the UK" in 2015. Then I applied for Tier 4 in 2016 based on my PhD and got the visa.

If you have valid reasons for the refusals, then just be frank and honest and explain to the visa officer who will interview you. I did the same. I explained my study plan and everything and it didn't seem to matter to them. I don't think that "might stay over in the UK" is sufficient grounds for refusal. You just have to persuade the officer that you are indeed a legit/genuine student.

I wish you the best of luck with your applications.

fnoman786

Post by fnoman786 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Must declare all your refusals!