ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering Ireland with short-term UK visa after October.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Georgy Rakita
Newly Registered

Entering Ireland with short-term UK visa after October.

Post by Georgy Rakita » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:27 pm

Hello!

I'm russian student in the UK living here with a Student Visa. However, I also have a short-term tourist one which I want to use to enter Ireland this November. The problem is, "The Irish Short-stay Visa Waiver Programme" that seemed to work for me, should stop working at the end of October 2016. Does someone know what comes instead of this and if I'll still be able to come?

Second question - my short-term visa expires at 6th November but I really want to stay till 10th. What kind of problems can I have if I overstay?
Am I likely to have problems at all? At the border check to Ireland my visa will still work and when I'll go back to the UK, I'll show my student visa.

Thank you! Sorry if I'm asking a popular question - if so, please just give me a link! =)

Sedanday

Re: Entering Ireland with short-term UK visa after October.

Post by Sedanday » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:18 pm

It was on INIS website
The waiver visa has been extended I think for another five years
So no problem with that!
About overstaying got visa unless you can extend,
I won't advise you!