ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to move the HQ of my company?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zelena17
Newly Registered

Do I need to move the HQ of my company?

Post by zelena17 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi,

I have a company registered in my country and would like to keep the Headquarters of my company in my country doe to low taxes.

I would like to move to the UK with my family and set up a UK subsidiary of my company in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. Can I get a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa if I don't relocate my headquarters?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Do I need to move the HQ of my company?

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:39 pm

In order to come here and eventually extend your stay, you need to register a company here in the UK and pay UK taxes (income tax, corporation tax, business rate, VAT, etc) This company can indeed be a subsidiary of your current business at home but ANY tax applicable with respect to this subsidiary and its generated revenues have to be legally paid here.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice