ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Timelines - how long?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

denise
Newly Registered

BRP Timelines - how long?

Post by denise » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi all,
I'm wondering how long the BRP process is taking at the moment.
Husband has applied for his - here is his timeline..

Type: BRP NTL
Application sent: 9/02/2016
Application received: 10/02/2016
Payment: Postal order
Acknowledgement: 22/02/2016 (Text)
Biometrics letter received: 24/02/2016
Biometrics taken: 25/02/2016

Since then we have heard nothing, we need the BRP so he can apply for citizenship as you cannot have both applications in at the same time. We are eager to get the citizenship application in due to his work place wanting to take him on permanently but he can't unless he is citizen of UK.

ElleDee
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Timelines - how long?

Post by ElleDee » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Denise,

Has your husband had any news? My dates are very similar to yours, and I've received nothing yet. :(

Type: BRP NTL (transfer passport visa to BRP card)
Application sent: 02/02/2016
Application received: ?
Acknowledgement: No acknowledgement!
Biometrics letter received: 19/02/2016
Biometrics taken: 20/02/2016

No acknowledgement received after the biometrics were taken/sent. We're due to fly at the end of May. I'm in a panic.

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Mon May 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi, sorry to hear you are in the same boat!
We have still heard nothing so far since him doing biometrics. I have suggested he give them a call. I thought it would be pretty quick since he already has ILR for 10 years now. We need the BRP before we can apply for citizenship as they will only allow one application at a time.
We were told they no longer send out acknowledgement letters, however we received a text with the info.

Please let me know if you hear regarding your application, and I will update also.
Good luck, and hope you have it before your holiday.

tooting80
Newly Registered

Post by tooting80 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:01 am

Is it a must to have BRP to apply for naturalisation?

I want to apply for British passport instead of BRP to save money and time.

ElleDee
Newly Registered

Post by ElleDee » Tue May 03, 2016 7:02 am

Hi Denise,

I'm sorry that you're still in limbo, too. Exactly, I assumed it would be quick as I've had ILR to since 2004. I decided to request my documents back and cancel the application. :( There was an option saying "If the application would have been processed in the next 10 days, do you want us to still process it?" and I said yes, so there's always the remote hope that they were just about to approve the BRP and I might not have to do this all over again. My passport is supposed to be returned within 10 working days, so hopefully I'll get it at the end of this week.

Best of luck to you!

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Tue May 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be able to withdraw the application, he cannot work without it now that his ILR is in his old passport. We had 7 weeks earlier this year where he couldn't work until we got acknowledgement of the BRP. Very stressful.

Tooting, I'm not sure if you need BRP for citizenship, all I know is you cannot apply for both at the same time as they will cancel the citizenship and no refund (£1,500) it's a lot to lose. You do however need BRP to work if your ILR is in an expired passport. Rules all changed 2014 and we were not aware.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue May 03, 2016 4:19 pm

tooting80 wrote:Is it a must to have BRP to apply for naturalisation?

To naturalise the applicant needs settled status; if on UK migration route that means ILR (& submitting proof, eg a BRP).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

noajthan wrote:
tooting80 wrote:Is it a must to have BRP to apply for naturalisation?

To naturalise the applicant needs settled status; if on UK migration route that means ILR (& submitting proof, eg a BRP).
User tooting80 has ILR in his expired passport.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1340697
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ElleDee
Newly Registered

Post by ElleDee » Tue May 03, 2016 9:22 pm

denise wrote:Unfortunately we are not in a position to be able to withdraw the application, he cannot work without it now that his ILR is in his old passport. We had 7 weeks earlier this year where he couldn't work until we got acknowledgement of the BRP. Very stressful.
Oh how awful! I'm a contractor with my own limited company, so thankfully I can still work without my passport. Fingers crossed you get it all sorted very soon. I think this whole process is needlessly stressful and cruel.

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Wed May 11, 2016 10:32 am

Just to update, we had a letter yesterday (was out so collected today) saying that the BRP will arrive shortly, the package contained all the documents and passports we had sent, so hopefully the BRP itself will arrive soon.
Hope you all have had some luck also.

ElleDee
Newly Registered

Post by ElleDee » Wed May 11, 2016 10:36 am

denise wrote:Just to update, we had a letter yesterday (was out so collected today) saying that the BRP will arrive shortly, the package contained all the documents and passports we had sent, so hopefully the BRP itself will arrive soon.
Hope you all have had some luck also.
Hooray, fantastic news! Really pleased for you! I ticked the option to continue with my application if it was going to be processed within 10 days anyway, and I'm really hoping that will be the case for me. It will be 10 working days tomorrow - I am keeping all of my fingers crossed that this means they have actually processed mine, too. (Rather than just taking their time to return my passports.) Congrats! Thanks so much for updating.

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Thu May 12, 2016 7:43 pm

They tried to deliver it today but I was out :roll: lol. At least we know the process is almost over! Can't wait to have it in our hands!
Hope you have heard about yours ElleDee!

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Mon May 16, 2016 11:30 am

Just an update, we now have the BRP in hand :!:

Type: BRP NTL
Application sent: 9/02/2016
Application received: 10/02/2016
Payment: Postal order
Acknowledgement: 22/02/2016 (Text)
Biometrics letter received: 24/02/2016
Biometrics taken: 25/02/2016
BRP card received: 16/05/2016

ElleDee
Newly Registered

Post by ElleDee » Mon May 16, 2016 11:52 am

Great stuff! My request to return my documents is now overdue, so I've had to send yet another form to chase them up about it. :roll: I can't tell you how stressed I am right now.

RemiForeman
Newly Registered

Post by RemiForeman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:56 am

Dear ElleDee and others,

I read your posts and chat to other commentators. Sadly, I am in the same boat as you, Sent my BRP NTL form on 13th april, biometrics taken on 10th may, since then complete silence. I want to withdraw my application but I don't know where to write and who to contact.
I wonder if anyone can tell me how can I withdraw my application form?
thank you

ElleDee
Newly Registered

Post by ElleDee » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 am

Hi Remi,

I'm sorry that you're in the same boat - it's so stressful. You can use the link here to request your documentation back: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

There will be an option you can select to continue processing the application if a decision would have been made in 10 days, which is what I did. Also, be forewarned that although it says to expect your documents back in 10 working days, they could take longer. I had to send in another form on the web site to tell them I didn't have my passport back in time, and it took about another week to get it back.

Best of luck!

RemiForeman
Newly Registered

Post by RemiForeman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Dear ElleDee,
thank you very much for the info.
I also found out that there is a service of transferring postal applications to premium service, provided i pay up 400-500 pounds extra.
i wonder if anyone has used it before.
thanks,
xxx

jamEnergy
Newly Registered

Post by jamEnergy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:45 am

Has *ANYONE* ever gotten their passport back from this thing?