ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past-Deception-effect on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrconfusion
Newly Registered

Past-Deception-effect on ILR

Post by ilrconfusion » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:22 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to here, I have a question regarding long residency application.
I was refused for Tier 1 Ent. application as HO thinks i have submit false documents and we made an appeal to First tier tribunal, judge gave decision in my favour but remit back to HO for reconsideration.My solicitor and me wasn't happy with the judgement so appeal in upper tribunal and judge gave us outright decision so i got my initial Tier 1 ent. visa in 2015. I am finishing my 10 years in March 2017. After reading above scenarios now i am bit confused as deception still lying on records or after court judgment HO removed from my file.

I will appreciate your suggestions and guidance.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Past-Deception-effect on ILR

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:48 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ilrconfusion
Newly Registered

Post by ilrconfusion » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Thank you noajthan,

Do you think this will affect me for future ILR application ?

ilrconfusion
Newly Registered

Post by ilrconfusion » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:18 am

is anybody had this type of situation before applying for ILR ?

Brokenlegs
Newly Registered

Post by Brokenlegs » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:57 pm

ilrconfusion wrote:is anybody had this type of situation before applying for ILR ?
Hello,

I had a similar experience which I am happy to share.

HO categorized me under Deception for not mentioning my Driving Offence in an application which was made in 2011. However, when I applied again for a different category visa in 2012 explaining the circumstance why I couldn't able to enclose the offence, HO accepted my reason and apology and granted me the leave to remain.

When I applied for my ILR (10 years) route recently, I mentioned the same reason for Deception and enclosed all the documents which I submitted in 2012. HO accepted my application an granted me ILR. Make sure you go with a legal representative.

Good Luck.

ilrconfusion
Newly Registered

Post by ilrconfusion » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Brokenlegs,

Thanks for reply.
In my case HO alleged that i have submit false documents but I won the appeal in upper tribunal I got my visa after nearly 2 years battle so my question will this affect on LR application or i have to explain all this in covering letter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:24 am

Explain in a covering letter. Be prepared if they ignore the previous successful appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:58 am

It appears that both the FTT judge and UT judge concluded that there wasn't any credible evidence of deception and both overturned HO's refusal based on deception. You should simply say "no" to the question that asks if you have ever used deception in any of your previous application but also provide an explanation in additional information section that you didn't use deception. The decisions from the judges also confirm this.

Brokenlegs
Newly Registered

Post by Brokenlegs » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 pm

ilrconfusion wrote:Brokenlegs,

Thanks for reply.
In my case HO alleged that i have submit false documents but I won the appeal in upper tribunal I got my visa after nearly 2 years battle so my question will this affect on LR application or i have to explain all this in covering letter.
I would certainly mention this in a covering letter. Please take the below suggestions to your consideration.

1. Write a covering letter short and sweet. Don't have to mention too much.
2. Enclose all the previous correspondence from HO you may have with the application.
3. In the application where you have a box for deception category, mention that "see the enclosed covering letter for reference".
4. Get advise form legal representative and take them with you.
5. One day application is best in your case.

Hope the above helps.

ilrconfusion
Newly Registered

Post by ilrconfusion » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

vinny ,

Why they ignored Tribunal decision ?

In my appeal hearing ,The Lady came from the HO side, she discussed with my solicitor that why the case worker thinks deception used in this case without any verification. When judge asked any cross argument and she said no and than judge straight away appeal allowed. We came out from the court with in 10 mins.

Lets see what happened.
Thanks again.