ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil Penalty Impact on Tier 1 Visa Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irfankhan12
Newly Registered

Civil Penalty Impact on Tier 1 Visa Extension

Post by Irfankhan12 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if someone could help me here. I have recruited an employee recently by checking his documents, however, he was illegal and the documents were not valid which I came to know later. The immigration officers raided the office and took the employee from the office premises. Later I received a letter from the Immigration department stating that I am liable for the Civil Penalty and I have to pay a fine of £10,000 as the employee does not have the valid documents.

I am on an Entrepreneur Tier 1 visa and my visa is due to expire in January 2017 and I will be applying for my extension. Can someone advise me that if I accept the offence and pay the civil penalty of £10,000 does it impact my visa extension? Does it stay on my Credit Report?

Can someone please help me please? I am really worried about the extension of my visa as I know that there is a section for civil penalties in Home Office Application form. I will appreciate your help guys. Many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Civil Penalty Impact on Tier 1 Visa Extension

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes, your application could be potentially refused. The guide on 'the general grounds for refusal' states:
Illegal working causes damaging social and economic problems for the UK. It undercuts businesses that operate within the law, undermines British workers and exploits migrant workers. Where there is reliable evidence to suggest that an applicant has employed illegal workers, you must refuse under character, conduct and associations grounds.
Where the applicant has been fined for an offence related to this, you must either:
- refuse the application (where mandatory), or
- consider refusing the application (where discretionary)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice