ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

curious9
Newly Registered

EU3 renewal

Post by curious9 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi All,

My EUfam stamp4 was approved back in 2012 based on my spouse being British citizen. I am a Non-EU national. I am planning to renew the EUfam stamp 4 using EU3 form in January.

I have a couple of questions though if any of you kind folk would answer them I would appreciate it.

My EUfam stamp 4 was approved back in 2012 despite of my spouse not working. She had some savings in her account which we showed as her to be self sufficient. During the entire 5 year period of my stamp4 Eufam she hasnt been in full time employment and her savings in the bank have since long been used up by us.

I have been in full time employment during this entire period of 5 years and have been supporting my EU spouse on my salary. Would they consider this fact and renew my stamp4 for another 10 year period(i.e give us both permanent residency)?

Or do you think it would be wise to wait and just apply for Naturalisation and skip the EU3 procedure.

I have all the utility bills/my P60s/letters from insurance company showing comprehensive sickness cover for us both for the entire 5 year period. Would it be sufficient enough proof for EUfam to be converted into permanent residency i.e EU3. Neither of us have claimed any benefits during our entire stay in Ireland so we have been self sufficient on my salary. I know its the EU citizen who needs to be employed (to be considered to extension of stamp4 eufam for the non-eu spouse) but just wondering if the non-euspouse's employment could be taken into consideration at all?

Many thanks for your help and inputs,

M

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU3 renewal

Post by broli » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:09 am

Hi ,

I was pretty much in the same situation . Now she was not working nor Studying . So you need to know that you income counts as well .

But when she 's not working she need a comprehensive health care cover for both of you. during all that time
So you need to show :
- that she had enough money during the five years (the source of money doesn't matter which means you salary can be accepted as ))
- That while she was not working both of you did have a comprehensive Private health care cover.

Did you update them on anything on your situation during the last five years?

If you are failed one of the rule you can still apply for a new 5 Year stamp EU4FAM.

PM if you want so we can share more information but also respond here it will be helpful to other people.

Cheers.

curious9
Newly Registered

Post by curious9 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi broli,

I dont have option to pm as i havent posted many things on the boards.

I have been in touch with eufam department and everytime we have moved houses i have updated my details to them.

What was the outcome of your case? did they approve you 10 year further extension based on your salary. I am going to apply in Jan 2017 as my current 5 year eufam expires on 4 august 2017. Hopefully they will decide on my case before then as i know these days people are waiting ages to hear back on their applications.

What sort of documents would you recommend apart from:
My p60's for 5 year period,
Joint bank statements,
letters from welfare that we havent claimed any benefits,
tenancy agreements for entire 5 year period,
join utility bills
letters from insurance companies showing our cover for 5 year period

Many thanks :)

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Try to give them each years address prof all the standrad bills and as well as all PRTB letter and all landlord contract ..
more importantly try to give all prove that u and your wife together thats the basic key.
do you guys have joint bank account? if you have great..
they do not look for your P60s its all to do with the activity of your eu sopuse..
I did apply few month bk i got ten years with ten working days ..it was very quick..
anyway my wife has been working all along
good luck with that
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:59 am

i remember reading on brophy solicitors blog there was a case went through court where the judge made a decision that non eu spouse income should also be considered as a resource of finances and application can be considered as based on self sufficient.
given your spouse never claim any benefit.
please search brophy solicitors blog I don't recall word to word statement please do not take this opinion into account until you read the blog I can be wrong.
although if im correct your bank statement and p60s will be required.

curious9
Newly Registered

Post by curious9 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks J_Karim. My spouse hasn't been working so hopefully they will consider my case and approve it based on fact that we have never claimed any benefits, been living together(got all the proofs with joint bank account), we both have psc cards( public services card which is apparently a new requirement for naturalization applications).

Thanks Mal111. I will try to find the brophy's blog. Although i guess they might look at every case on individual merit so will have to wait till January when i apply for it and find out what the future holds for me and my wife :)

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:05 pm

you need to understand if you or your wife claim social it doesnt affect ur application..like i said as long you have hardcore evidence your are throw..
keep us posted.. i was on social for long but i got it done by 2 weeks..
apply and keep us posted
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K