ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting the UK on a tourist visa whilst work visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daisiewishes
Newly Registered

Visiting the UK on a tourist visa whilst work visa.

Post by daisiewishes » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:21 am

Hi! I am in the same position. Does anyone know??

Can I travel to UK as a visitor while sponsorship is being processed? How about while Visa is being processed?

For example, if my employer submits for sponsorship & it's either under review or gets approved while I'm in/traveling to UK and I HOLD out on submitting my Tier 2 visa until after my holiday trip, is this okay? I can't find it in writing anywhere and called UK immigration.

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Re: Visiting the UK on a tourist visa whilst work visa.

Post by kingstons vc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:13 am

according to the uk immigration rules, you cannot switch into a different visa category on a visit visa, so if you are granted entry under a general visit visa, you must return to your country of residence and then make a fresh application for the type of visa category you want to apply for.
If it is the case that you have submitted an application for a tier 2 general visa and it is pending outcome and you want to apply for a visit visa then your pending application would be withdrawn in order to make a visit visa application.

daisiewishes
Newly Registered

Post by daisiewishes » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:04 am

Hi there. I am actually wondering about travel during the SPONSORSHIP process that my employer is going through BEFORE I file for my visa.

So, Employer would submit for my certificate of sponsorship. During that time I have a planned holiday travel to UK. Will that affect sponsorship certificate? As for the visa, I would be returning to the US to apply for that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

They are two separate non linked processes. If you travel BEFORE you apply for Tier 2 visa, then it should not be an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daisiewishes
Newly Registered

Post by daisiewishes » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:45 am

Thank you so much!

I also notice on the visa form they ask for your travel history. Not sure if visiting the UK a few times would affect that or what the importance of that question is?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:35 am

No it should not. Perhaps you are overthinking this :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.